Chapter 24/Part 54

Gordon stepped around the room divider, wearing the pants and shirt Heath had handed him with instructions to put them on.

"You know, I don't really tell people I cosplay, and I don't really consider myself a cosplayer," Gordon said, fidgeting with a button on the lacy black shirt.

Adler growled at him, and Gordon flinched. He almost stumbled forward into the standing mirror that dominated the small and overstuffed room in what looked like a normal apartment in terms of layout. The place was just storage though.

Adler's hand came around Gordon's forearm to steady him. "I'm sorry, sweetheart. I love that you cosplay. You have to show me. You can wear that wig for me sometime." Adler winked at Gordon. "But you can't go to a club wearing this."

"Huh?"

Heath came back into the room with two more clothes bags over his arm and one in his hand.

"He's afraid of how good you look. You're tapping into your twink energy, and Mr. Mighty Werewolf can't handle the stranglehold that look has on his balls."

Adler growled again, this time at Heath.

"My twink...his balls?"

Heath nodded. "Common issue with werewolves. They're powerless to twinks."

"I am not," Adler grumbled.

Heath gestured, tossing the clothing bags over the room divider and unzipping one. "Take your pants off, detective."

"I really don't think I qualify as a twink. I own more than one bone saw."

Heath chuckled, pulling something that looked suspiciously like a corset from the depths of that bag. "Did you hear that, detective? He has teeth."

"He's smart. And beautiful," Adler said, looked at Gordon, and licked his lips. "Sweetheart, please understand. I would never order you to wear anything or not to wear anything. But, uh. This is very, very sexy on you, and—well, it's only just past the full moon, and my alpha would want me to explain to you that this still makes me a touch possessive, that I don't mean to use possessiveness as a weapon, but given the time of the moon, it's an instinctual reaction to not want other people to see you like this. Looking all sexy and soft and...uh." His nostril's flared. "My balls are fine. And all yours."

"Why in the fucking hells do you have to say that while I'm still standing here?" Heath asked. "So cheesy. Makes me want to pour acid down my ear canals."

Gordon smiled. "I don't think it's cheey. Heath, do you have a sweater or something I can wear over this?"

Heath looked at him aghast while Adler visibly relaxed. "A sweater? You're not going undercover at a fucking golf club, Gordon." He held out the corset thing to Adler, who didn't move an inch to take it. Heath sighed. "Fine. I'll go find you something. And the next time Maxim orders a makeover, he can damn well do it himself. I'm not your fairy godmother, godsdamnit."

Adler took the offered change of clothes, and Heath headed back to the other room.

Adler drew Gordon into a hug. "Thank you. And I mean it. It's a moon thing. But you are really, really beautiful. And if you want to, I can help you cosplay. Not just in the bedroom."

"I have vampire hearing, you two kinky assholes!" Heath hollered from the next room.

"You know, you do have the right build for Kawaii Demon Hunter." Gordon pressed his forehead against Adler's. "And cosplaying is serious. We can't do that in bed."

"Lalalala!" Heath blared.

Adler grinned down at Gordon. "Fine with me. I can think of so many other things to do with you. Just let's get this day over with first, okay?"

"Let's find Dr. Jackson," Gordon agreed, letting go of Adler so he could change as well.

#

[A/N: Poor Heath! Who is in favor of Gordon and Adler...cosplaying together?]

cosplaying together?]