Chapter 38 - Hallucination

Hello, I am back.

How are you all doing?

Guess what? I binge-watched another drama, it's called 'Ishq par zor nahi', I love it and highly recommend it.

Adding to it, thank you for being so patient with me and the story; and trust me, we are getting there... hold on for a little longer.

Also, if you haven't till now, then don't forget to follow me on Instagram for updates and spoilers and do follow Rishabh and Diya's character accounts on Instagram.

Please vote and comment!!!

Enjoy 🎉

<------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->

I couldn't move, my body was numb and my eyes closed. But I could hear and feel.

I felt like someone wiped off my forehead's sweat beads with a wet cloth.

As I slowly regained consciousness, my body felt heavy, as if invisible chains weighed down every muscle.

I struggled to open my eyes, the light piercing through like needles, but the sound of the familiar voice beside me gave me comfort.

I hope I just had a nightmare.

"Diya, can you hear me?" Rishabh asked worriedly.

I collected all my strength and finally managed to open my eyes.

Rishabh's worried face came into my sight, his eyes reflecting a mixture of fear and relief.

I tried to speak, but my parched throat could only manage a hoarse whisper.

Rishabh quickly got up and brought a glass of water for me.

He made me sit on the bed and placed a pillow behind my back as I had no power left in me and then helped me to sip it slowly.

The cool liquid felt like a lifesaver, calming the storm raging inside me.

My head was hurting and I couldn't see anything properly, the room kept spinning.