We can't really be over- Leah Williamson PART TWO

For the past couple of weeks I tried to talk to Leah consistently but she wouldn't let up.

Our teammates either knew her better or didn't want to get on the wrong side of the captain so in public they ignored me but they did stand by my side when I was just with them.

Now it was the January transfer window and I begged Jonas to go. Not permanently but just on loan for the rest of the season and since my performance had been off, he agreed, so finally I could be in a team comfortably again.

Soon enough I had been accepted by Manchester City and today was my last Arsenal training session, at least for now.

As I walked into the changing rooms, I saw that Jonas was telling them this as most of them broke the silent treatment and ran up to me, but out of the corner of my eye I could see Leah staring with a slight smirk on her face.

I couldn't even bear to look at her.

Thankfully all the girls fully included me on this last day and as I finished up being alone in the changing rooms as I had to leave a bit earlier to travel I heard the door open and shut.

"so you're finally leaving?" She asked me.
"yes I am leaving Williamson"I responded refusing to call her by her first name throwing her off a bit.

"don't come back." she told me harshly as she turned.

Before she could leave the room I spoke "did you ever open the bag I left you?" and she just stared at me.

"clearly not then. Well over these weeks I did this." I said to her as I handed her a pile of letters explaining exactly why I was being secretive and how much of a bitch she is, but that would be for her to see later.

As she looked down at her hands I left the room with a quiet bye as I shut the door behind me.

Now I could have a fresh start.

For the rest of the day I finished up packing my stuff as Kyra helped me and we said our goodbyes as I set off to my new club.

During my 4 hour drive my phone rang a few times with Leah's name on it but I didn't care.

The weight was lifted off my shoulders.

I didn't have to deal with her drama anymore and I could start again.

I'm at peace now.

LEAH'S Pov:

As y/n left the changing rooms I looked down at my hands to the massive pile of letters, she must've written one everyday!

I shoved them into my bag as I headed straight home curious to see what she got me as I stuck that bag in a cupboard to be forgotten.

As I got home, I ran in to get flashbacks of that night. seeing her bang on the door and sob until she gave up did break my heart, but I believed she deserved it.

I mean she did. Didn't she?

I tentatively opened the bag to see two boxes. I opened the first to see a small necklace with some numbers on it. It took me a minute but I realised. The dates of my debuts.

This necklace alone was like £3,000. Shit. She was bringing this home when I ended things with her.

I felt some tears roll down my cheeks as I slowly opened the second box before dropping it on the floor. My dream watch. An expensive watch.

I couldn't do it anymore until I took a closer look that pushed me over the edge. The names of all my closest family members and my best friends. at the bottom her name was on it. Fuck.

I burst into tears as I realised what had happened. Was all the secret phone calls and the hiding of a bank account because of this? Because of these gifts?

Before I talked to her I had to read her letters and as I began to ruffle through the letters I found one with the date I ended it with her as I saw it covered in tear stains. It read,

To leah, my leah.

I don't understand what happened but I hope you will talk to me tomorrow and then I can tell you my surprise!

I will give you some time to cool off before I give this to you but I can no longer hide the secret, I'm planning a trip for you, me, keira, georgia, and lucy for your birthday!!

I know how you always wanted to go to Bali so I've planned a whole two weeks there!

i'm going to end this here, but I know we'll work out xx

I love you Leah Cathrine Williamson

ps: look in my bedside drawer

From y/n

What?

She can't have really done that.

Did I just end it all with y/n because I assumed something?

I have to look in her bedside table.

I headed upstairs to the spare room to which I moved it and as I opened it I saw all her stuff, memories from all of our dates and pictures of her and my family, but right at the back something caught my eye.

A small red velvet box.

Fuck.

I reached out and grabbed it with shaking hands and opened it to see that.

An engagement ring.

Y/N was gonna propose.

At that moment I had a gut feeling forcing me to call her.

So I did.

For the next two hours I called and called for it to be ignored, but I couldn't give up.

Not again.

We can't really be over.

_________________________________

A/N: okay I will do a part 3 but i might do alternate endings like with one where they get back together and one where they don't!!

please vote if you liked this and if you follow, I can post on the conversation part so that we can communicate better and I can give updates and ask what stories you want sooner!!

Loved todays City and Arsenal matches!!