Welcome to LA Part 4

Minutes pass and John remains tucked into my neck. If I try to pull away his grip around me tightens as if I am leaving him for good. He is acting as if the world around him is falling apart and I can feel myself being ripped apart with him.

Why is it that the world has to be so cruel? Why does the world have to pull us apart? What can't we just be left alone? Why must we be tortured?

I let my brain spiral as I remained trapped in his embrace.

It is as if all we have is not meant to be. It is as if what I want, what I care about, is nothing to the world. As if it is a twig beneath their feet for them to snap in two. What should we do?

I place a kiss on John's head pulling myself out of my own downward spiral as we both can't be doing it at the same time. After a little while I pull away and lift his head up in my hands.

"John, everything will work itself out. It might not be now. It might not be for a while, but eventually it will work out. All this trouble we go through will only be a decent memory." I finish as his eyes open and he leans into the torch of my hands.

He smiles and presses a kiss to my wrist before looking into my eyes, "Tay, have I ever told you that your words are very eloquent?" He asks.

I smile, "No you have not why?"

"You are very good with words, and I know everything you say and do has a double meaning. Well maybe not double, that sounds bad. But there is a deeper meaning than what is just on the surface." He finishes.

I chuckle, "Maybe, but I feel as if all of my work gets left on the pages because Scott refuses to let me write how I want to write. I want to show the world my eloquent writing but I get stopped by Scott who vetoes my most eloquently written lyrics."

John smiles, "So, you can still sing them. You can save them all up for later. Besides, even the ones that get approved are amazing and show your talent."

He places a kiss on my cheek, "Or, you could keep those to yourself and just show them to me. I would love a private performance." He smirks, wiggling his eyebrows.

I smack his shoulder and laugh, "John!"

He laughs back for a moment before becoming somber again. "I am sorry. I threw my own pity party, but I know this all affects you as well. We will get through this."

I place a kiss on his cheek, "John sometimes we need a moment to fall apart to learn how to put ourselves back together." I responded.

"Yeah, I get that, but lately it is as if you are the one putting together the first layer and setting the foundation." He sighs out.

I smirk and bite his ear lobe before pulling away, "Is it not my job to help you? You help me through my crap. I wanna help you through yours. Now what we are going to do is go inside and talk to Tree and Steve. We might not like the outcome but we need to work it out." I say with a final tone in my voice.

He nods his head before removing his hands from my waist and allowing me to rise.

After I get up I place a kiss on his forehead, and help him get up as well before heading inside the house. John silently follows behind me.

Once inside we all sit down at the table and Steve and Tree look at each other before joining us.

I sit down beside John and squeeze his hands.

"Okay Steve, what are we looking at?" I ask.

Steve sighs but quickly starts talking, "As of this morning 25 of the 44 venues pulled out. We have lost over 15 million dollars and still owe 5 million as of this morning. The lawyers are in the process of trapping the remaining venues into a contract. We believe all venues will be trapped by the end of the day tomorrow. The record label has made note of this and understand it is not your fault but wants their money back in installments. I was able to get rid of the interest as it was not your fault and throwing around big names and lawyers also helps." Steve says first, looking at all of us. Then he turns to John, "As for rescheduling the lost dates. That is proving difficult. Some venues have blacklisted us and refuse to allow us entry. While the others in the area are sold out for months. I can look into the scheduling but we are looking at starting while Taylor is in the middle of tour and we would have to bounce across the country as there is no set pattern for us to follow."