Mood Swings

Taylor POV

– 2 Days Later –

John and I are currently sitting at the bar in our house at 5 am looking at the different listings that Tree sent us of other houses in the area which meet our criteria. I want something quaint with enough bedrooms, while John wants something relatively close to where we work. Well within an hour's drive, so basically my criteria is the problem.

"Tay baby, if you don't like them why not just get someone to build the house you want." John says after looking at the 30th house on the list but this one was too rustic.

I huff and turn to him upset, "Do you not care about our house?! I just wanted something to make us both happy! Are you not happy with these?!" I yell with tears in my eyes.

John stands up and pulls me to his chest for the 10th time in 24 hours and rubs my back. "Babe, I do care. I just think that if we are going to find a problem with all of the houses she sent we might as well build the perfect house for us to stay in for a while." He says while rubbing my back for the millionth time today.

I have just been off the charts emotionally. I mean yesterday morning after we left his parents house I was crying because I wanted a poptart and they were out. Then once John got the poptarts, I cried because he didn't get the chocolate but got the strawberry. Then I cried when we got on the plane and Meredith would not sit in my lap so I could pet her. The fourth time was when we landed and I was hungry and wanted chick fil a to remember it was sunday and they were closed. The fifth time I was upset because John wasn't talking to me, granted he was on the phone with Steve. The sixth time, I was upset because Emmy would not sit down and eat her dinner. The seventh time was last night before bed and I realized I needed to take a shower and didn't feel like it. The eighth was when my phone alarm went off this morning for no apparent reason at 3 am. The ninth was when I remembered I was not supposed to have coffee.

Needless to say, it has been a tough day and I am probably dehydrated from crying.

Once he rubs my back and the tears subside he places a kiss on my cheek and grabs me water from the fridge.

I look into his eyes that show worry as I drink the water and start to cry again.

"I'm sorry!" I cry running up the stairs to our bedroom and locking the door.

After it closes he knocks, "Taylor, please let me in?" He asks in a soft voice.

"No.." I whisper out loud enough where he can hear me.

He sighs and I hear him take a seat on the other side of the door. "Can we talk?"

I continue to cry as he speaks to me trying to convince me to let him in.

After an hour, he sighs and get up heading downstairs making me cry more.

– John's POV –

I reach the bar and pick up my phone calling Tree. I know it is 5 am but I am at a lost.

It rings two times before she pick up.

"You better have a good rea-" She starts but I interrupt.

"Tree Taylor locked herself in the room and wont let me in. I don't even know what I did. She has been acting weird for two days and I am at a loss." I say rubbing my temple.

Tree groans, "I'm on my way. Give me ten minutes, while I am heading there get her some waffles ready for breakfast."

I agree before making the waffles. After a couple of minutes Tree arrives and walks up the steps.

– Taylor's POV –

I'm still crying because not only did I make him upset. He left me here by myself. I mean who does that!

Before long I hear someone outside. "Taylor, it's me. Let me in." Tree says from the other side of the door.

I hesitate for a second before opening the door that has the smell of waffles and syrup behind it.

Once open she steps in and hands me the plate before sitting next to me on the floor.

"Care to tell me why you barricaded yourself into your room and locked John out?" She asks.

"Because he is mad at me, and he left me." I saw a stray tear falling down my face as I stuff a piece of waffle.

Tree raises an eyebrow, "Taylor he's not mad at you he is worried. HE called me freaking out because you would not let him in the room and he was worried about you."

"But he left me." I say crying.

Tree smiles, "He was making you waffles on my command. Taylor, he loves you. He is just worried about you. Have you been having mood swings?" She asks and I shake my head no.

"I just feel on edge and everything makes me wanna cry." I say and Tree smiles.

"Taylor, that is a mood swing. Usually you feel on top of the world one second and shit the next. Has that been happening?"

I think back over the last few days and reanalyze what was happening sure enough she was right. Everytime.

I start to cry again and Tree looks at me. "Taylor what's wrong?"

"I snapped at John. He probably hates me." I say with tears in my eyes.

Tree shakes her head, "Taylor that boy loves you. I mean who else is brave enough to call me at 5 in the morning?"

I laugh at that knowing I never do that because she is too sassy in the morning.

"Now will you go downstairs and talk to him?"

I nod my head and get up going down stairs, once down there I see John sitting at the bar and I run over hugging him from behind.

He spins and engulfs me in his arms placing kisses on my cheeks. "I love you Tator." He says placing a kiss on my lips making a moan escape my mouth.

John raises an eyebrow and kisses my cheek as I try to pull him away from the bar and up the stairs.

Tree waves goodbye as I take him up the stairs to our bedroom. Once there I push him on the bed and climb on top instantly taking my top off and laying kisses on his chest. He groans before he pulls my lips back to his and pulls me into a deep kiss.

Thirty minutes later I lay on his chest breathing quickly as he is doing the same underneath me.

After a moment catching our breaths he smiles. "Tay, care to explain what is going on. I am lost." He says peppering kisses on my head.

I nod my head and sit where I can look at his face. "Tree said I am having mood swings."

John nods for a second before stopping and smiling. "That just means our little jelly bean is growing!" He says placing a kiss on my cheek before going to my belly and planting a few kisses.

I chuckle, but before long a frown arrives. "They were not like this with Emmy."

John shrugs, "This is a different baby, maybe everything is going to be different. We can only wait and find out."

I nod my head and cuddle into his chest yawning. He rubs my back and eventually I fall back asleep.