Chapter 5

Where am I? My eyes peel open slowly. I'm not at home anymore.
It's a hall. A dark hall. I weakly stand up. My legs are aching. Where am I? Why am I here? HOW did I get here? I look around, frightened. In the smallest voice I possibly can, I call out. "Is anyone there?" No answer. This is scary. I don't wanna be here. I begin walking slowly down the hall. It feels endless as I walk and walk for what seems like forever.

Eventually I reach a door. Upon trying to open the wood creaks and cracks but the door opens anyways. I peer inside. It's PITCH black. I cautiously step Into the room, taking In my surroundings. I keep walking, it eventually getting darker, and darker, and darker. I turn around, The way I came from is practically gone in darkness. My body aches. I've been walking for 2? 3 hours now? As I keep walking my foot catches on a wooden object and I stumble towards, falling. Upon landing. My elbow burns, like a bug bite. "OW!" I sit up and clutch my elbow. I fell right into a broken bottle. And now a huge chunk of glass is poking out of my skin. It hurts so much.... I can't walk.... My throat is so dry I can't scream for help... What do I do? Is this what dying feels like?

Suddenly, I hear a thumping noise behind me. I turn to see a paw sticking out of the darkness. It walks out so I can see it's full body. It's catnap! I run up and embrace him. Tears streaming down my face. "Catnap! Oh thank God!" Hes silent. But I dont care. I'm just glad to see him.

"Dogday?"

What was that? His voice is, deep. It seems angry as well. "Yeah catnap?" He steps back. "You opposed the Lord. And expect me to still be your friend?" I step back as well. Becoming frightened. "C-Catnap? What's the problem? What Lord?" His claws come out.

"Our one true God. The prototype. He's the Lord. And you opposed him, it's time for a punishment."

His body starts cracking and extending. His spine becomes brittle and long. His limbs become lengthy and boney. "Catnap! This isn't you!"
He walks towards me, In His new monstrous form. "It is me dogday, it's always been me." He extends a claw and pierces my torso with it. I scream in pain as blood gushes out of my wound. He lifts me up as I struggle to get out of his monstrous grip. But blood keeps spilling out. He extends his other hand and grabs both my legs, ripping them clean off. "AHHH!" I scream in pain as he throws me against a wall. He says in a low voice, "come my children, feeding time." Before retreating Into the darkness once again, only to be replaced by TONS of smiling critters plushies crawling toward me at a rapid pace. "No! No no no!" I beg as they approach me. They start crawling there way up my huge open wound and eating out my insides. THIS, is what dying feels like. I slowly start to slip out of consciousness my eyeballs get plucked out by the plushies and rip through my stomach. I feel the cold embrace of death approach....

"GAAAHHH!" I snap up and scream. Scaring all the critters, which for some reason are in my house. Me, the blanket, and the couch are drenched with sweat. My eyes dart around, terrified. But my gaze is locked onto one thing, catnap. He's standing in a corner of the room, sharpening one of his claws. I feel a rage boil inside me. I get off the couch and storm up to catnap. "Dogday! Your awa-MMFF!" I grab him by the throat and pin him against the wall.
"Dogday what are you doing?!?" Bubba runs up and pull on my shoulder. "D-dogday Ack! L-let go!" I snap back to reality and drop catnap, multiple critters running to his side to help him up. "What the hell man!?" Kicken yells in my face. I don't know how to respond. I just stare at catnap choking and feel guilt..... But also, anger.