Chapter 6

Long awaited! Enjoy!

I fiddle with my fingers as I sit on the couch. Everyone else is either sitting on a chair or standing up and staring at me. "well?!" Bubba asks, waiting for an explanation. I don't know what to say. What? Cmon! How would YOU respond if you almost killed your friend because of a dream you had? "F-first of all... Catnap... I'm sorry."
He crosses his arms. Not in a angry way though. "Apology accepted." He says with a satisfied smile. "Well why are you apologizing?" Kicken says. "F-for. Almost... Strangling catnap." Kicken grabs his nose with his pointer finger and thumb. "No no no WHY did you almost strangle catnap?" Well. There's no backing out of it. "I-i had a dream about him... Being bad." Kicken scoffs. "Almost killing your friend because he was bad in a dream? Ridiculous." I continue. "It didn't seem like a dream thought. It was... Terrifying." I start to explain the nightmare. Not leaving out a single detail. From everything to catnaps monstrous form, to the plushies, to me dying. "A-and that's what happened." I look down at my hands. Bubba starts to walk towards me. He seems to be the only one unfazed by the brutality of my nightmare. He puts a hand on my shoulder. "Look, I know being a leader is hard.." oh great here we go again. "But you can't almost kill your Best friend because of what he did or didn't do in your dream." I nod. I've heard this speech a million times. Not this specific one.. just the "I know being a leader is hard" speech.

After I explain everything. They all go back to doing normal things. I gaze out the window, it's sunny. "What time is it?" I ask to no one In Particular. "3:46!" Hoppy yells from the kitchen. "In the afternoon?!" I Ask, dumbfounded. "Yeah, the reason we came over here at all was because you were sleeping so late!" That makes a lot of sense. I get off the couch. My legs kinda hurt from sleeping so long. I struggle to stay standing up but keep my balance. I stumble to the front door, passing multiple critters, I really need some fresh air. The the door creaks when I open it. I gaze outside. Suddenly my eyes fixate on something. My lotus. The pot it fixed, err. Rather replaced. It was swapped out and refilled with soil. Catnap probably did that. He wants his "doggy" happy. God I hate that name.

"C-Catnap.. please stop.."

"Shhh, rest now my doggy."

"Come, here!" I say struggling to reach a shiny red apple on a higher branch. "Stupid catnap making me do work for him." I mumble while grabbing a stool. Catnap had told me that since I almost killed him I could work for him to pay him back. I accepted, thinking it was just cleaning his kitchen or something. Not PICKING HIS APPLE TREE CLEAN. I finally pluck the last fruit from its high perch with a snap, the stool under me wobbling. I toss it into the basket and carefully step backwards to get off the stool but I misstep and tumble backwards. I hit the grass with a thud. Already frustrated enough, I stand up with anger and kick the stool. Bruising my toe. "Wow, I never expected my doggy to get so mad." Catnap chuckles as he walks out of his house with two glasses of ice cold water. I look over at him, I don't usually get mad or hurt anyone or anything. But I was so frustrated. "I finished your job." I say weakly as I grab one of the glasses and gulp down the water. He stands and admires the empty apple tree. "Nice job." He says taking a sip. "Can I go home now?" I ask handing him the glass. "Yep sure." He walks up to me and gives me a kiss on the cheek before walking off. "What was that for?" I ask. He stops and turns around. "For finishing your job, bye!" In one swift motion, he turns and disappears into his house, his tail swaying behind him.