Down in Florida

In the former sunshine state of Florida, it was a totally hot jungle down there. That included the invasive species that live down there too. And down there was a greyhound named Simon who was finding it hard to survive. In fact, as a greyhound, he has no way of making it. Given that his kind were bred to outcompete each other. The greyhounds would not only be going against each other, but other predators will also easily outcompete each other too, including other feral dogs.

He was a blotch black with brown spots, but wears glasses on his face. The sighthound himself was extremely exhausted, due to him having had to run from a clan of brown hyenas who'd bullied him away from a white-tailed deer carcass that he just found.

Simon himself was lucky that he can go 45 miles per hour as the hyenas only went about 45 (that particularly applies to spotted hyenas). Enabling him to outrun most animals, albeit he used to joke about challenging a cheetah to a race.

When he finally caught his breath, he soon ran home to a deserted backyard of a ranch house. He dug a hole only large enough for him to squeeze through. The greyhound only knows that the only way he'll thrive is that if he's elsewhere.