chapter 6

'𝑶𝑷𝑻𝑰𝑶𝑵𝑺'

╔═════ஜ۩۞۩ஜ═════╗

Kaito looked into colleges, but none of them grasped his interests. Sitting in his living room, he sighed as he stared at the computer screen.

Looking at last college on the list he signed.
Carefully typing, he found it: "Hollow University." His eyes glued to the screen as he scrolled through pictures and studio times. Surprisingly, he actually liked it.

Shaking his head, he muttered, "No." Closing the screen.

After long time of debating, he grabbed his phone and called Charles.

"Hey, uh... can we talk?"

╔═════ஜ۩۞۩ஜ═════╗

Charles walked to the front entrance and saw his son standing tall, wearing a biker jacket, white shirt, and black boots. "Kaito?"

Kaito turned and smiled, offering a small hug. "Hey. I was wondering if maybe in private."

Charles nodded, leading him to the elevator. They stood quietly as it went up. "So... any colleges you're looking into?" Charles asked.

Kaito nodded slowly. "Yup."

Charles smiled. "That's great. I hope to know your interests."

Kaito folded his lips inward. "Pretty much."

Charles led him into his office, and as they went in, Kaito looked around. "Nothing has changed here," he muttered.

Charles chuckled. "Well, not at least everything." He took a seat and watched as Kaito picked up a picture.

There was Charles and that woman, but what caught Kaito's eye was the baby. "His name is Thane," Charles said.

"Thane?" Kaito repeated.

Charles nodded. "He's your half-brother," smiling faintly.

Kaito stared before placing the picture down. "He looks more like you than me," he tried to joke, and Charles's smile grew back.

"So, the college is Hollow University..." Kaito said, but his words caught in his throat as Charles stared at him in shock.

"Hollow University?" Charles repeated. "You've decided on one of the schools I built?" The words caught him off guard.

Charles's surprise was palpable, and Kaito could sense the shift in the room. He felt a pang of guilt for not discussing it with his father robbert earlier.

"Yeah... I mean, I didn't really know much about it until recently," Kaito admitted, his voice trailing off.

Charles leaned back in his chair, processing the information. "Hollow University is a great institution, but I'm just surprised you decided on it without discussing it with me first."

Kaito nodded, feeling a bit sheepish. "I know, and I'm sorry about that. I should have talked to you before making a decision."

Charles smiled, his expression softening. "It's okay, Kaito. I'm glad you found a school that interests you."

They spent the next hour discussing Hollow University, with Charles sharing insights about the campus and the programs it offered. Kaito felt a sense of relief knowing that his father supported his decision.

As they wrapped up their conversation, Charles stood up and clasped a hand on Kaito's shoulder. "I'm proud of you, son. I know you'll do great things at Hollow University."