14. she's back

[𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍]

[𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍]

The figure from a couple days ago hummed a tune as she ground some herbs with a pestle.

Rebekah grunted in pain from the wooden stake embedded in her chest and choked out, "What the hell are you doing, you crazy bitch?"

"Poor Rebekah, having to face me after all this time." The figure muttered, walking towards Rebekah who was laying on a bed, "I mean, the last time I saw you I didn't have time for any revenge but now? Now I have all the time in the world."

With one quick movement she thrusted out the stake and held it over the mortar for Rebekah's blood to drip into.

The figure turned around and went back to where she was before, "I knew you'd fall into my little trap. You do have a type. Trashy and willing."

"I knew I should've killed you when I first saw you all those months ago." Rebekah wheezed, "It would've saved me the trouble."

The figure smiled walking back to Rebekah and placed a wet rag on her forehead, "Well, now I get the chance to. But before I do that, I'm going to make you suffer."

★★★

It'd been a day.

An entire day since the disappearance of Rebekah and Klaus Mikaelson.

Marcel ordered his vampires and other contacts to look for them, but they were no where to be found.

Both Allison and Theodore were reeking of worry.

Theodore was drowned in guilt.

Why did I stop dancing with her?

Why did I let that Oliver guy dance with her?

Why did I let her go?

I should've never let her go.

This is all my fault.

"Theo, you know this isn't your fault, right?" Allison asked, her hand placed on his back comfortingly.

Theodore looked at her with his lips parted. He'd said almost the exact same thing to her when he'd just turned into a hybrid and Allison was ridden with so much guilt from everything that happened with Beatrice.

Just as Allison had said her words, she too had realised how similar they were.

"I know." Theodore whispered after a moment.