Zoe - Great Prophecy

From the dining pavilion, the entire landscape unfolded before us. Hills encircled the valley, their peaks adorned with the majestic Half-Blood Hill, where Thalia's pine tree proudly displayed the Golden Fleece, a magical shield against the camp's foes. Peleus, the towering guard dragon, now so massive that his presence could be spotted even from afar, coiled protectively around the tree, emitting wisps of smoke in his slumber.

To the right, the woods stretched endlessly, while on the left, the canoe lake sparkled under the sunlight, and the climbing wall shimmered with the molten lava cascading down its surface. Twelve cabins dedicated to an Olympian deity formed a horseshoe around the central area. Further south, the strawberry fields, armoury, and the imposing Big House, painted in sky blue with a bronze eagle weathervane, completed the camp's landscape.

Despite the familiar scenery, the signs of war were not etched in the architecture or the fields but in the sombre expressions of the demigods, satyrs, and naiads ascending the hill. 

The camp, once bustling, now bore the scars of loss—some had departed, never to return, while others had fallen in battle or succumbed to the allure of the enemy's promises.

War trials marked those who remained, their laughter replaced by weariness. 

Even the mischievous antics of the Hermes cabin had dwindled, overshadowed by the gravity of their existence. Practical jokes lost their charm when life itself felt like a relentless jest.

Chiron, the wise centaur, arrived at the pavilion first. His majestic form effortlessly traversed the terrain. His beard, grown wilder over the summer, added to his venerable appearance. He wore a green T-shirt bearing "MY OTHER CAR IS A CENTAUR" and carried a bow across his back.

"Percy! Oskar!" he said. "Thank the gods. But where . . ." 

Oskar and Percy had arrived at the North Shore Beach of Long Island together, beginning their ascent up the hill. 

Connor Stoll, hailing from the Hermes cabin, trailed behind them, having sounded the conch horn to announce the return of the half-bloods to camp. 

While Percy barely registered in my peripheral vision, my gaze remained fixed on Oskar. He had undergone a noticeable transformation during our year apart.

When I last saw Oskar, he stood tall, his presence commanding attention with his height easily clearing six feet. As I laid eyes on him again, it was as if he had grown even taller, his figure expanding with a newfound sense of strength and vitality. His broad shoulders stretched the fabric of his usual white t-shirt. 

His broad shoulders stretched the fabric of his usual white t-shirt, causing it to hug his chest snugly and accentuate the contours of his muscular physique. The cotton material strained ever so slightly against the sinewy lines of his arms. 

Each movement he made seemed to emphasize the well-defined shape of his shoulders, the fabric shifting and flexing with every subtle shift in his posture. It was as if the shirt itself struggled to contain the raw power within his frame, giving him an aura of quiet strength and confidence.

His dark hair cascaded in untamed waves that hinted at his rebellious spirit. A familiar urge stirred within me—a longing to reach out and tame the unruly curls that dared to frame his forehead. One stray tendril, in particular, boldly obstructed his vision, a silent challenge that beckoned me to defy convention and succumb to the temptation of intimacy. 

Yet, with a steadfast resolve, I suppressed the impulse.

Noting his subtle differences—signs of maturity, a newfound gravity that seemed to have settled upon him within a mere year.