Heart of stone

Carter Host
-
My secretary poked her head though the door, "Mr. Host, your father has arrived."

"Bring him in." I said while brining my attention back to the signed contract on a newly bought home.
I listened to the door slightly creak as it opened wider, inviting my father in.

He took a seat in front of my modern, sleek desk, taking a large breath. Fully gaining my attention.

"You knew this was coming." he tried to explain.

"Yes, I was informed. But never complied."

This was insane.
I am a multi billionaire, who owns three companies. And he wants me to worry about a marriage that I don't even want. Women would just get in the way, they are clingy, the need attention, and need to be loved.

Something I wasn't willing to do.

"This marriage doesn't need your approval. You need this girl. She is the reason you have these companies, and without her you are nothing"

Me, nothing?
I looked him in the eye. He knew as well as me that women were used for pleasure, nothing more.
They were useless, they just took up time. Time that could be used to make money.

"She is coming tomorrow. You will meet her, you will be gentle and you will marry her." my father stood, rebuttoning his suit and straightening his tie.

I let him leave my office without conflict.
This girl really was my destiny.
Her father owned stocks in all of companies and was basically a co owner, if I were to dismiss this girl I would be throwing away my life and hard work.
And to keep me on top, I needed her.
I hated the feeling of relying on anyone.

-
There was a light knock at the door.
"Enter."
I watched closely as one of my employees slowly walked in. His eyes glued to the ground as he stood around my desk, rocking back and forth on his heels.

"What."
"Th-he uh... permitted construction ground for the new house has... uh... taking shelter for homeless people. And we have asked them to leave but, they declined." He fiddled with his fingers and I could practically smell fear on him.

I opened my bottom last drawer on the left, pulling out the cold, metal gun.
I slammed it on the hard, dark wood of my desk, and took pleasure in watching him jump.

"Well next time don't ask them to leave," I slid the gun his direction "Make them leave."

He stared at the gun for a moment.
"Sir, right next to the zone, there is enough space for the construction. And we don't even need to remove the homeless from the old house, that is their only shelter an-"

I stood from my seat, making him go silent.
"Here's the thing. I don't want the new house to be built on that zone. I want that old house torn down so I can build the new one over it without having to landscape, I don't care if those homeless people have nowhere to live, that's not my problem." I looked him in the eye before putting the gun in his hand.

"Now either force them to get the hell out, or you and your kid will be the next homeless people we're kicking out of my zones."
He stared at the gun for a second, before looking back at me.

"You may leave."
And with that he left.
-
-