In the palm of my hand

Aubrey
-
-
His eyes searched mine.
He was a handsome man...
But, I didn't like him.

He always had to butt into the conversations and add his thoughts, making sure that everyone knew he was right.

He had to be in control of everything, and I didn't want to be a submissive. I didn't want to beneath him.

I wanted to be swept of my feet, held close. I wanted glances of love and kisses of passion.

But all this man held was ice.

He was cold, shivers went down my body from looking into his eyes.
His jaw was held tight, and he wasn't afraid to speak his mind.

I couldn't marry a man like this, spend hours alone in a empty house while we was out working, having sex with other women.

I lightly tugged on my fathers sleeve, he turned his focus on me.

"Yes, sweetie?"

Everyone then turned, there eyes zoomed in on me. And I just felt like shrinking in, escaping this place.

But him.

He was what kept me frozen in my state. Even though his eyes were ice cold, they burned into my soul.

It was a feeling I wish I could give back. But I wasn't like him.

I let my hair fall in front of my face again, "Never mind, father."

"You and Carter should talk, go on." His father shooed us into a private room.

We stood in silence for less then a few seconds, before he took off.
"Look, I don't want this marriage. But I need you. So what I want you to do is keep your trap shut. I don't have time to deal with all your needs and complaints. You will be living in the house with a ring on your finger. That's it. I will have someone else take care if my, needs." He snapped.

It's was as if he had clicked on a button inside of me, "Yeah, like I want to be married to some stuck up brat, know it all. Don't forget, I got looped into this marriage too. But, if you think you're in charge, you've got another thing coming. Because I'm the girl who holds all three of your companies in the palm of my hand." I crossed my arms and let out a breath.

He looked a little taken back, but not for long. He smiled and shook his head before leaving the room.

What the hell did I just do?