What do killers take?

Aubrey
-

I slam our bedroom door shut to insinuate that I was angry.
But, I was honestly terrified. I was hoping that when I confronted Carter, he would deny everything. I hoped that he would convince me that he hadn't taken his own father's life.
I wanted to believe him. To believe that he would never do such a thing to his own family. His only family.

But, he did.
He admitted it without saying the words.

He killed him..

My heart slammed around in my chest as I heard the commotion unfolding downstairs, but I let my body lean against the door.

No way was I going down there. Carter already threatened to put a bullet in my head and I, no doubt, pushed him further than he liked.
I wasn't even thinking when we were fighting, words just spewed put of my mouth and I hit a nerve I didn't even know was there.

I flintched listening to his voice reach higher levels of anger.

Tears started to dampen my cheeks. The wedding ring burned on my finger, I had half a mind to fling it across the room.

But, I would never do that. It was too expensive, my soul wouldn't be enough to pay for this ring. I twist the ring aimlessly around my finger, as I move myself to the bed.

Carter wouldn't really kill me..
I think..

I reached for my phone and I contemplated doing something drastic.

Calling my father...

I hadn't seen him since the wedding. I wouldn't even know what to say to him.

But, before I could even make up my mind the door was shoved open by the maid. She supported a passed out Carter on her shoulder, like she had done it many times.
She probably has, she was always with him. Mainly arguing with him, in which he would at yell her and she would submit to his dominance.
"Miss, may I ask for your assistance?" I stood, going to her aid.

We layed him on the bed. She stood back, pulling an orange container out of her apron.
"Please, make sure he takes two of these." She clasped her hands together as she spoke, pleading with me.

I nodded my head in agreement. She let out a sigh, "Will you be able to handle him?" Again, I nodded, though terror struck my body. She walked backwards, setting the container on the nightstand, before existing.
I stood over Carter for a bit, seeing him this calm scared me.

But, not more than seeing him awake did.

I allowed my hands to travel to his chest, taking off his suit jacket, then to his feet to remove his shoes.

I stood back to admire the work I had done to my husband.
Husband.

I went to remove his shoes off the bed, when he called out for me in a daze.
"Yes.." I replied, not sure if he was dreaming.

"My shirt." He grabbed the buttons of his shirt and began yanking, as if it were velcro and it would come off with a tug.
I slowly reapporched the bed, taking into consideration what I was about to do.

"Help me.." He moaned.
I reach for his top button. My fingers met his neck.

This is fine.
I undo the second button.
Then the third, the forth..

"It's kind of like.. I want you in the worst of ways."

I try to push memories out as my hands travel further down.

"Do you know fucking anything!"
" I know I want to kiss you."

I let him touch me.
Kiss me.
I enjoyed it..

I snatched the shirt from around his arms, also taking his sleep.
"What the hell?" He sat up, groggy.
"Oh, I see," he rubbed his eyes, "you were so eager to see what was underneath that you-"

"Shut up!" I yelled, not wanting him to continue. It was like he was reading my mind and knew exactly what I was thinking: our "almost sex" at the wedding.

"Oh, don't play innocent. Don't forget, I got a taste of how dirty you are."
"Stop it."
"Your hands were touching me in places I didn't know you knew of."

I shook my head to his vugluar language. Denying the truth.

"You were moaning before I even touched you."
"Knock it off!"

"Why don't you stop me, sweetheart? I know you know how."
"Ten minutes ago, you were threatening to kill me. End my life! And you are mentioning the one time I let you touch me. Are you fucking joking? What the hell is wrong with you?!"

He chuckles, leaning back against his headboard.
"Maybe the thought of you dead turns me on."

I let out an aggravated scream, as I clentched my fist while pouting. "You are such a sick douchebag! I can't believe I ever thought I could possibly be happy with you! I hate you. I hate you!" I turn on my heels to exist, but before I reach the door an orange bottle catches my eye.

I march over to his nightstand and snatched up the bottle, waving it in his face, "Your mom, told me to make sure you took two."

Carter stood up in a flash. Anger evident in his eyes as he took slow, threatening steps towards me.

He reached out and grasped me in a iron grip, shooting pain up my arm.
"Don't talk about my mother." His voice was low, causing chills to rake my spine.

He snatched the bottle out of my hand, knocking two pills back, dry.

I held myself as I leaned against the door. My arms aching, my tears coming back for an encore.

"You're a psycho!" I scream, my voice cracking.

"Literally."