021

Lola knew how she and Tom had been spending their time together. She knew that she wanted to make it work. For their baby's sake. And while she couldn't believe he had a daughter with her best friend, she didn't want to dwell on the past.

She knew that Tom obviously had a past. And she didn't hold it against him. Knowing she had a past too. She had met Aubree. And she couldn't tell at all that Tom was her father. She had more of a connection with Max.

Lola knew all too well how Izzie wanted her to cut ties with Tom. But she couldn't. Not when she was having his baby. She wanted to give her baby the best possible life.

It wasn't going to be easy. She knew that. But she was also adamant she was going to do what she could to make it work. Despite all the odds stacked against her.

Tom had been with her to all of her appointments. Which had caused some conflict with Izzie as she had been with her too. Lola hated it. She just wanted everyone to get along.

All she knew was that things needed to change. Especially now she was close to giving birth. And she didn't want any conflict.

Morning came and she walked into the kitchen. Izzie was there and smiled. "You don't have to have anything to do with Tom you know. You can speak to a solicitor."

Lola rolled her eyes. "I'm not doing that mum. I'm trying to make it work. And that's what matters. My baby will have both parents in their life. I don't care that Tom had another baby. We weren't together then. I've met Aubree. And she's the loveliest little girl ever. So stop with this," she said as she stood and walked off.

Knowing it was all too much.

***
Lola went into school. She saw Grace with Aubree. She walked over to them. "Hey. How you doing?" She asked.

"I'm okay. Just can't wait to give birth. Pregnancy is so much hard work," Lola said.

Grace nodded. "Oh I agree. But. I don't regret my angel. Who's currently acting like a devil. But wouldn't be without her," she said as she smiled.

Lola saw Aubree and smiled. "Hi cutie. You okay?" She asked as she picked her up. "You not talking to me today?"

"I see daddy tomorrows. He takes me swimming," Aubree told her.

"Good. Don't let him drown though."

"I save him!"

Grace sighed and nodded. "Yeah. Tom is meant to be taking her swimming tomorrow. But I doubt it will happen. He'll let her down last minute," she told her.

"I can talk to him? Maybe I could go too. So you know it'll happen?" Lola said.

"If you wouldn't mind?"

***
Lola walked into tom's classroom. She looked to him and smiled. "So, have you decided on any names you like?" She asked.

"Not really. Whatever you like, I'm happy with," Tom told her as he took her hand. "I've been thinking. Max loves Aubree. And he's brilliant with her. So I've been thinking about singing my rights to Aubree over. That way I can focus on you and our baby."

Lola looked to him in shock. But if he was willing to sign his rights away to his daughter, what would he be like with their baby?