46: Predator

'JUNGKOOK POV'

Pretty eyes, pretty heart, pretty soul.

my prey.

It hurts to look at her. Her brown eyes, head full of thoughts, and a shadow of sadness across her face. The reminder a slash across my chest. A burning inkling in my ribs, as I stare at her beautiful face framed by her open hair.

While I've my complications with emotions, I didn't need a sign to know the direction of hers. She was an open book, unrestrained, and unguarded.

My confinement had dulled her shine to a wispy indistinct.

The air around her had shifted a while ago, as she stands with a scrap of her chair, without glancing at me and heading upstairs.

I rub my chest, contemplating if I should follow her. It'll give her an outlet to her anger. It's never good to bottle up her emotions, her silence is another driving force that has me nearly leaping out of my chair and after her.

Watari blocks my vision of the bedroom door as he stands before me.

I look up.

"Watari."

"Sir, chief horrison is going to make a detour here."

I arch an eyebrow. "We're prepared for that, aren't we Watari?"

He nods although his expression remains troubled.

I clap his shoulder and make my way to my bedroom. Police officers are least of my concern.

Y/n is curled on the lounging chair, a book on her lap when I trudge inside.

The pills I've crunched this morning, are showing their side effects. I'm extra tired, my shoulders slumped, although I try to contain the slur whenever I'm with y/n.

Can't have her on my back.

I walk toward her, touch a finger to her cheek but she dodges it and faces away.

My lips twitch up. While the voice in my head says to spank her ass raw for facing away from me, Instead I opt to walk away.

Despite what princess think, I'm handling myself just good. I don't need to see any shrink or fucks to be happy. I'm fucking ecstatic with her close to me. All I've ever wanted is with me, what else I may wish for?

While I give her space I make myself usefull in answering my emails. I'm on my fifth, clicking send that'll undoubtedly ruin their weekend and clench their assholes.

People are good at licking ass, and they won't do shit because they need me.

Y/n face is turned from me deliberately as she leaves the room, futile attempt to ignore me, but I'm on her heels, following her down the stairs into the kitchen where she lingers.

Even when I work, my mind and eyes are always on her. Whether I'm fifty meeters away or five feet.

When she settles with a dough and start molding them in weird shapes on the counter table of kitchen, I get the grasp that she's not going to budge.

I dare to take a strand of her silky hair between my thumb and pointer finger, failing the resist to not touch her.

"Are you mad at me?"