Chapter Fifteen

I have no idea how I made it this far in the war against Balor. Considering his genocidal tendencies and his eerie intelligence, I am utterly shocked that he hasn't caught me and Whiskey yet. From what I could tell in my few clashes with him, Balor is a man of notorious renown. He's known to wipe out anything and anyone in his path just to get what he wants, even if it means leaving ash and flames in his wake to do so.

And he's almost definitely the epitome of all that is evil and even more evil.

There is absolutely no ounce of good that lies within Balor's soul. In fact, there has never been any ounce of good in Balor's soul. Such a monster like Balor Devlin doesn't deserve to have the slightest ounce of good in his heart, let alone have the slightest shred of opportunity to redeem himself. He's committed so many heinous crimes that he almost guarantees himself to several death penalties, or—at the kindest and very least—one death penalty.

I had promised myself a long time ago that I was going to be the one to personally escort Balor to the deepest and darkest Hell known to man. And to this day...I fully intend on keeping that promise.

The dark shadows slowly overtook the outside world, as the day turned into the evening. With each passing moment, my anticipation for me and Whiskey's casino date rose immensely. Sure, it wasn't your typical date night. No...it was a date night filled with work. The work we need to do for our jobs.

I was in the bathroom, dolling myself up for the casino date. Whiskey, meanwhile, was by the bed, suiting up in a black tux. We wanted to look like a million bucks while our presence graced the casino.

"So what exactly are you doing at the casino?" I asked out loud toward Whiskey, as I put in one earring in my right ear.

"Well, sugar, some of Balor's goons are gonna be there," he answered aloud. "We gotta scope out information from them. Information about Balor and where the hell he's at."

I had put the other earring in my left ear and walked out of the bathroom to meet Whiskey, putting a couple rings on my fingers while doing so. Once I had come into Whiskey's view, he immediately froze in his tracks. His jaw had dropped, and his eyes were glossed over with shock and amazement. I took that time to show off what I was wearing, and my God! Whiskey did amazing at picking out my outfit.

It was a black, strapless A-line gown with a slit on the skirt's left side. Sparkly embellishments had randomly adorned the skirt part of the gown and part of the bodice. Overall, it was absolutely beautiful, and Whiskey did a damn good job of picking it out for me.

"Hot damn!" he exclaimed.

I smiled. Whiskey's comments like that absolutely make my day. No doubt about it. "Like what you see, I assume?" I asked.

"Of course I do," he answered, biting his bottom lip. "I love every little thing about ya. Even the parts that you may not think you love...I love immensely."

I relished that comment for a brief time. It made me feel as though someone out there loved me no matter what. And it makes me feel even more better that Whiskey, my guardian angel, is that person who loves me no matter what happens in life. Even if I'm completely off my rocker, Whiskey will still love me to no end.

"I have to say, Whiskey. You did a damn good job at picking out my outfit," I remarked.

One of his eyebrows hooked upward after he hooked on his watch. "Really?"

"Oh yeah," I responded. "Not only did you know that black is my favorite color, but it also fits me perfectly. I absolutely love it!" I paused to continue admiring myself in the gown. "Plus, I look hot in this! I mean, look at the color. Look at the slit here! Look at how the color pops against my skin! Oh my God!"