Chapter 19

Haerin could feel her heart beating like there was no tomorrow as she felt their lips connect. It sent a sort of electrical feeling down her spine, and it felt right, like this was what she had been waiting for this entire time. Combining with this the fresh spring breeze and the beautiful scenery surrounding them, it felt like the most perfect first kiss to ever happen.

It was a sweet innocent kiss filled with love and they both couldn't help but deepen it, Danielle tilting her head a little and cupping Haerin's face, with the latter complying to the other one's silent orders.

They both pulled away, breathless as they stared into each other's eyes. They were completely out of it, still trying to process the fact that they had just did that. Affection was common between them but this just felt different. It really seemed to emphasised the depth of their relationship.

It felt like a scene from a K-Drama. Danielle smiled at Haerin and giggled at the kitty's flushed face.

"You're so cute you know that?" she said adoringly.

Haerin was still speechless. It wasn't because of the compliment though.

She leant forward and pulled Danielle towards her, initiating another kiss.

Soon enough, they both pulled away, resting their foreheads against each other and looking at each other's eyes, exploring the beautiful and vast universe behind it.

"I love you Haerinie,"

"I love you too Dani,"

Minji was shocked beyond words upon hearing what she had just heard from her blushing best friend who was squealing and jumping around on the bed like a little kid on a trampoline. But soon enough, she jumped up and joined Danielle in her squealing fest, congratulating the girl on her first kiss.

It was a significant milestone in every relationship. It honestly sounded very romantic with the way Danielle had talked about it, her tone with that emotionally soft dynamic and the far away look in her eyes. Anyone would be able to tell that she was infatuated with Haerin. 

"So...when are you and Hanni going to kiss??" Danielle smirked.

"Are you mad?! We JUST got together!!" Minji exclaimed in disbelief.

"Girl, some people kiss the second they propose," Danielle rolled her eyes.

"Says the couple who took 2 years just to kiss!" Minji shot back, earning a light slap on the shoulder.

"At least we did it," Danielle stuck her tongue out.

A few weeks passed, and the two couples were now studying together in the University library. They had upcoming exams and they wanted to do well. Hyein said that she wanted to just study at home so she can go to sleep straight after, however the both couples lived nearby so they had no problem staying in the library to study.

The quiet buzz of the library provided a soothing backtrack to their studies. Reading over pages, trying on laptops, the light click and clack and the occasional 'psst' or groan of frustration filled the remaining of their hours. 

Eventually, Haerin and Danielle decided to take leave because they wanted to go on a date. It seemed a little excessive to Minji considering they went on dates every other day, but nevertheless, it was their romance and not hers. 

Haerin and Danielle settled at a rather fancy Italian restaurant. The ambient lighting was very romantic and it turns out there were a lot of couples who had chosen to do the same thing on a Friday night. Their table set up was also pretty romantic. A candle lit up in the middle and the signature white table cloth.