Chapter 24

Surprise update! I'll try my best with this one as like a present or a gift sort of thing. 

Danielle struggled through the crowded university hallways, trying not to get lost of the tidal waves of students. She let out a breath of relief when she pushed through the river and arrived at the door of her lecture room. 

She swung open the door, momentarily halting the chatter of the room, before it resumed like nothing happened. She sighed and went over to her usual seat at the back of the room. University felt different without Haerin by her side. Not be able to hug or kiss her, and not being able to feel her presence beside her was absolute torture. But she and the cat eyed one had made a promise to hold on and wait for as long as it was required, and she was determined to keep her promise.

"Hey beautiful,"

Danielle bit back a sigh of annoyance as she mentally rolled her eyes upon hearing the deep voice beside her. She turned to the person next to her, giving him a fake sweet smile as she replied to his flirtatious greeting.

"Hey Jake," she said, her voice dripping in sweet annoyance. 

"You're blinding me today, you really shine like the sun," Jake gave her his idea of a seductive look as he looked at her literal hearts in his eyes. Danielle struggled to not just slap him across the face. She had a girl friend and he knew that, but when he had somehow heard about Haerin's departure for Canada, he had upgraded his flirting game. But Danielle was not having it. 

She only nodded awkwardly, before turning to face the board at the front of the room. The professor wasn't here yet. Professor Min was always late, he just didn't seem to care about anything and most of the time he only spent half the lesson teaching and half the lesson sleeping. If he was feeling energetic he would actually treat them to a full lecture, but mostly half of the content the students had to teach themselves from the textbooks.

Danielle was lucky she only shared one class with Jake, otherwise she would've already jumped off a building. He was really getting on her nerves. She was pulled out of her thoughts when Jake subtly grabbed her hand and held it. She yanked her hand out of his hand and gave him a frustrated deadpan look.

"Jake, don't cross the boundaries," she snapped. 

"I can't help that you're so attractive," Jake pouted, crossing his arms.

Danielle heard Jake's friends who were sitting in front of them, giggling and whispering things, most likely about Jake's poor attempts at snagging Danielle. Sunghoon, Jay and Heeseung were all popular in the University for their looks along with Jake. Danielle didn't understand why Jake was so infatuated and obsessed with her, knowing she was taken and he probably had a whole line of girls waiting to ask him out.

Mr Min suddenly walked into the room, making Danielle immediately feel relieved.

Haerin furrowed her eyebrows at what she had just heard from the other girl. They were face timing while both of them were working on their assignments. Haerin and Hanni were attending a university in Canada for the moment, with a scholarship that they managed to get from taking the entrance test. It was one of the most prestigious in Canada and somehow Joshua also had connections there. Haerin was impressed by the amount of connections the doctor had, but that wasn't what was swimming around her mind right now.

"Sim Jaeyun is flirting with you?" she asked, scrunching her nose.

"Yep, he's so annoying! And he knows I'm dating you too!" Danielle huffed, throwing her pen roughly on her book. 

Haerin felt kind of uneasy, but she knows that she can trust the sunshine girl. They had after all made a promise and a relationship isn't a relationship without trust.