Chapter 03 : Her Pehli Rasoi

Chapter 4 is published on Scrollstack

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

"Is anything wrong?", Arushi slowly asked specifically to no one but Fahad replied to her, "Nothing Bhabhi it's just that, Kheer is happened to be your husband's favourite dessert, right Avi?" He completed giving a teasing look to Avyansh who completely ignored the looks. But when Arushi looked at him for confirmation, an impromptu smile came on his face as he nodded at her.

Relief washed over Arushi's face when Avyansh nodded at her that she didn't messed up anything. Unknowingly a smile, even though a small one, travelled to her face as well which didn't go unnoticed by Avyansh. They both were unknowingly staring at each other which unfortunately got disturbed by Fahad's fake cough. Arushi averted her gaze and started serving them Kheer to avoid any teasing look from Fahad. She served everyone then again stood there nervously. But as soon as they took the first spoon of the kheer they were flattered over the taste. It was just perfect for everyone, neither too sweet nor less sweet rather perfectly balanced.

"It's too good Arushi", Tanya praised

"Yes, Bhabhi, it's just perfect", Fahad followed leaving only Avyansh to say something about the kheer. Arushi too was waiting in anticipation for him to say something.

"This indeed tastes so good Arushi, perfectly balanced", Avyansh finally voiced out and the smile on Arushi's face was worth watching. The nervousness on her face vanished in an instant and a wide smile adorned instead. Avyansh too smiled seeing her smiling, it used to always give him another level of peace to see her smile so freely. But then he realised she made everyone had the kheer but she herself didn't have it. So he got up and made her sit, "Arushi sit"

"What.....what happened?", she nervously asked but Avyansh just made her sit saying, "Nothing happened you sit"

Arushi nervously sat down noticing Avyansh's actions. He poured some kheer in a bowl and gave it to her while she looked at him confused.

"You served all of us but didn't have it for yourself. Now have it", he said and Arushi even though didn't reply anything to him, she was internally happy seeing his genuine care. She was having her kheer tucking her head down in her bowl but the slight happiness on her face wasn't unnoticed by Avyansh as he was sitting just beside her. They all relished the dessert well in contentment. Then Tanya called Arushi to herself, "Arushi come here"

Arushi confusingly went to her and she handed her a jewellery box, "This is your gift for pehli rasoi"

"Mom there's no need for this" Arushi hesitated seeing the jewellery but Tanya insisted her on taking it, "Keep it beta, it's your right to have it"

Arushi reluctantly took it after taking Tanya's blessings as well, "Thank you Mom" Tanya too smiled and patted her cheek blessing her with abounded happiness then looked at Avyansh, "Now tell me what have you brought for my daughter?"

But Avyansh clearly looked confused whether he had to bring something for her, "Gift?" Tanya looked at her son's confused face, "Her gift for pehli rasoi?"

"I'm so sorry I didn't know I had to gift you something", he guiltily apologised to Arushi as he literally had no idea that he had to give her a gift as appreciation of her pehli rasoi. But to his surprise she just shook her head in no dismissing any point of guilt, "It's okay Avyansh, it's nothing to be sorry about"

"Areh how's this something not to be sorry about", Tanya interrupted and looked at Avyansh sternly, "Avi you'll take her to shopping once she comes back from pagphera and buy her whatever she'll want as her gift"