Chapter 05 : It wasn't forced

"Chapter 06 : Her decision" is now on Scrollstack
________________________

Tanya was standing outside Avyansh's room, where Arushi was resting, for a while now. She couldn't decide whether she should go in to comfort Arushi or let her stay alone to gather herself. The door was half open but then again the side of the bed where Arushi was sleeping, wasn't visible from outside. She came to her senses by a glass shattering sound. Listening that she immediately went inside and found Arushi withering in sleep completely drenched in sweat while the glass kept on bedside table was shattered on the well-furnished floor.

The glass wasn't a matter of worry but the way Arushi was withering and mumbling in sleep, was definitely a matter of worry. Tanya went to her from the other side and tried to wake her up. But the more she moved closer to Arushi, the more her words turned clear to her.

"I...I didn't do anything...I didn't...plan...any...anything...I don't know...I'm sorry...I'm sorry Mom...I didn't...didn't betray you...I didn't betray Avyansh...I...I didn't- ", Arushi mumbled as she clutch onto the comforter. Her face drenched in sweat but body shivering as if she's in some minus temperature place. Tanya's eyes teared up seeing her state. Arushi herself was facing so much but all she was worried about, was them.

As if the withering and shivering wasn't enough, Arushi started gasping for breath. Her expressions changed from guilty to terrified. Arushi shuddered mumbling some more incoherent words, "Please...please don't...don't hit me...I'll do...I'll do whatever you...you say...please...Dr Shekhawat...please...don't hit...aaahhh...please...it...it hurts...aaaaah"

"Aru...Arushi beta, this is just a nightmare no one will hurt you, wake up beta", Tanya tried to wake her up by tapping her cheeks. But it didn't do any help rather her grip tightened on the comforter, "Mum... Mumma... please...save...save me... Mumma-"

"ARUSHI!!"

Arushi jerked up by the loud voice and hard shake. Her body jolted up from both sleep and nightmare which caused a yelp from her, "No please!" Even though Tanya wanted to hug her tight in her safe embrace, getting up she instantly cocooned herself against the headrest. Arushi hugged her knees to her chest and ducked her head in between them mumbling not to hit her.

"Beta listen-", she tried to say but trailed off laughing to Arushi's plea, "Please don't hit me, I'll do whatever you'll say just don't hit me please it hurts"

Tanya stopped listening to her, she had no idea how to console or at least calm her down. She just kept looking at Arushi with moist eyes not knowing how to sober up this crying mess. But then she remembered something and spoke up, "Arushi, Mumma is here only Bacche, no one can hurt you here" She cooed her softly caressing her hair and Arushi looked up at her. She was hearing 'Baccha' after so long. It used to be only her mother who used to address her by that and since then no one ever called her that.

Tanya looked at her with hopeful eyes seeing her lifting up her head, "You're safe here Bacche" She cooed her again. Arushi left a slow sob, "Mumma...", mumbling that she immediately hugged Tanya who too hugged her back instantly. Arushi bursted into more tears feeling safe in her Mom's embrace.

"I'm...I'm sorry Mom...I'm really sorry...but I didn't do... I didn't do anything intentionally...I really didn't...didn't know-", she tried to explain but Tanya dismissed it by lovingly caressing her hair. "We know, we know it Arushi you knew nothing about it, it isn't your fault in any way", Tanya cooed and Arushi moved back from the hug.