Chapter 07 : Reason To Smile

Avyansh and Arushi were in their room, Arushi was feeling a huge weight was lifted up from her chest after their marriage decision revelation and of course the way they welcomed her open armed. So she had a wide smile on her face the whole time and every time she smiled, it brought a smile on Avyansh's face on his own. He was doing some work in his laptop while glancing at Arushi who was unpacking her bags, time to time.

"Avyansh", Arushi called him out breaking the silence prevailing in the room. "Hmm", he replied looking up from his laptop screen. "Thank you, I know just these two words can't show the gratitude I've for you but this is all I can say right now"

"Arushi you don't need to thank me, I didn't do anything that needs to be thanked", Avyansh said Arushi couldn't agree with him in this, what he did deserved more than a thank you. "What you've done for me deserves more than a thank you but unfortunately there isn't any word that can actually sum all of my thankfulness in it"

He kept his laptop aside and got up, going to Arushi. Her gaze quivered seeing him coming towards her. He stood in front of her and lifted up her face to his, "Don't thank me Arushi, this was your right and you deserved it. You deserved to be free from that hell and this chance about our marriage. And you shouldn't feel guilty about something you weren't fault at. You weren't intentionally a part of his plan, actually you were never a part of that plan. So don't bear its guilt on your shoulders"

"Why me Avyansh? When you could easily get someone better?", she asked in a trance which was quite evident in her voice but Avyansh nevertheless still smiled. "Why would I go behind anyone better when I already have the best for myself", he earnestly said tucking her loose hair strands behind her ear maintaining an eye contact with her.

"I promise I'll never give you a chance to regret your decision of giving me a chance", she said being overwhelmed by the gratitude. Avyansh smiled and petted her cheek a little, "I trust you on that" Arushi smiled and unknowingly blushed a little. Avyansh moved back a little and glanced at all her scattered belongings.

"Unpacking finally?", he guessed and Arushi nodded slightly. "Should I help?", he offered but she shook her head, "It's okay, I'll do it", she replied and sensing her hesitation he too didn't ask again and nodded. "Call me if you need any help", he implored and Arushi nodded. But when he turned to go she stopped him, "Uh...Avyansh" He turned back at her, "Hmm?"

"Umm....which side of the cupboard would you prefer? I.....I mean...which side should I take?", she asked fumbling and Avyansh realised that his clothes were still consuming whole cupboard. Amidst all these he too didn't get the time to make space for her things. "Uh- I'm sorry I didn't get time- wait I'll just make the space for your things"

"It's okay, no need to be sorry about it. I don't need much space in the cupboard so it'll be fine", she asserted. "But still you'll need space, okay give me some time I'll quickly shift my things to a side then you can keep your things", he said and Arushi gave an understanding nod. "Oh back to the starting, which side do you want?", he asked and she shrugged saying, "You can keep as per your preference, I don't mind either sides"

"You're confusing me even more", he made a confused pout on which Arushi couldn't help but chuckle. Avyansh looked at her listening her chuckles but sensing his gaze she instantly stopped chuckling. "I... give them to me I'll set it up", she said as an attempt to change the topic. "It's fine I'll do it", he replied but Arushi sighed and took the clothes from him, "I'll do it, you can complete your work"

"I can do it later, let me help you then", he suggested but Arushi still looked reluctant, "You sure? Isn't your work important?"

"It is but it can wait. Don't worry about that", he implored and Arushi finally nodded. "So should we start?", Avyansh asked and Arushi too nodded at him. They started helping each other to set up the clothes. They made confused faces, pouted, stumbled over each other but most importantly had a good session of chuckling.