Chapter 1 : deadly life, 2

The walls seem to keep extending higher and higher, and there are no weapons in sight, which is inconvenient considering my current adversary.

I'll have to rely on my wits alone if I want to make it out of this situation alive... but this isn't a situation I'm unfamiliar with either.

After analyzing Gonta's movements, it became clear that his patterns are easy to memorize and predict, which makes it feasible to exploit his attack patterns and maneuver accordingly.

With these thoughts in mind, I prepared to move in.

" aaaahhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!"

As I anticipated, his first and second attacks were easy to avoid. Gonta was a strong opponent, but his movements were slow and telegraphed, which made them easy to dodge.

Gonta then attempted to use his strength to his advantage, charging in for a massive blow that I would have been unable to dodge if it had hit. However, the force of his attack proved to be his undoing, as he was unable to stop his momentum, leaving him open to my counterattack.

" Why did you hurt a friend!?"

With a well-placed strike, I was able to knock Gonta to the ground. He was breathing heavily now, his movements becoming even slower.

" Aaaughh!!"

That was enough to allow me to create some distance between us and assess the situation. With my analysis complete, the next step was to strike, but I needed to be careful to avoid leaving myself vulnerable too.

" Gonta not like that!"

Realizing that brute force won't work, Gonta began to alter his fighting style, becoming more unpredictable.

Gonta then launched a flurry of rapid hits, utilizing his speed to its fullest.

It was a tactic that I would not have been able to counter if it wasn't for my previous observations.

Gonta's new assault pattern made me realize that he intended to overwhelm me with the sheer number of attacks, which worked well as a psychological tactic.

" Gonta will protect everyone!"

I calmly observed Gonta, looking for any potential patterns within the chaos, waiting for an opening that would allow me to strike and counter.

I soon noticed a slight pattern to Gonta's movements and quickly reacted, using my superior speed to evade his blows and deliver a powerful counterpunch.

I followed up with additional strikes, keeping the momentum on my side and using Gonta's attack pattern to my advantage. I had the upper hand now, but Gonta was a tough opponent and could still counter my moves, so I had to make every hit count.

Its impressive in its own way-

How someone like him even in a virtual world, where everyone has the same strength can still put up a fight like this

After a lengthy battle, Gonta's fighting energy seemed to have dwindled, allowing me more breathing room to prepare for my next attack.

I saw an opportunity and took it, delivering a powerful blow that sent Gonta careening into the wall. He attempted to get to his feet, but his strength was gone, leaving him unable to resist me.

" Ayanokoji kun ..why? "

I seized this chance and attacked, using all my power to put an end to this fight before any more time was wasted.

"...."

I was victorious in the battle. Gonta put up a good fight, but in the end, my superior skill and tactics were too much for him.