Chapter 3 : class trial , 1

The atmosphere of the courtroom instantly shifted, going from an ominous tension to a tense adrenaline-fueled atmosphere as the trial began.

Monokuma's robotic voice echoed throughout the courtroom, filling the air with a sickening sense of excitement and anticipation. The two Monokubs remained silent, their eyes fixed on us intently and their mechanical bodies still and unmoving.

We were about to face a killer who had already claimed one life. The tension was palpable, and all of our attention was now focused on uncovering who had committed this crime.

Monokuma continued to set the tone for the trial as he stood at the center of the room.
He raised a robotic finger in the air, addressing the group with a chilling smirk on his face.
"Let the game begin!"

Monokuma's words hung in the air, lingering over the group as we all took our seats and waited for the trial to begin.

His words had a menacing edge, as if he was warning us that this trial wasn't going to be an easy one.

As we sat in anticipation, Monokuma continued to speak, addressing the group with a twisted sense of excitement.
"You should know by now how this game works by now. As usual, there is only one rule: figure out who the murderer is. Get it wrong, and you're just another victim."

The atmosphere was tense as Monokuma continued to speak, and a nervous feeling filled the air among some of the group.
The thought of getting it wrong and becoming a victim was a frightening one, and it seemed to weigh heavy on the minds of some of the students.

"That's it. Those are the rules of this game. Now... let the trial begin!"
Monokuma's voice was filled with his trademark manic glee, but the atmosphere in the room was still tense and subdued as everyone waited for the trial to begin.

There was a lingering sense of fear and anticipation in the atmosphere, as we all felt the pressure of the trial looming over our heads.

"So let's start with the body discovery report."
A screen appeared and showed Maki's body lying lifeless in her seat.

The image of her body was still chilling and unnerving, especially considering the peaceful and emotionless expression on her face.

"Maki Harukawa"
A label appeared on the screen to show the victim's name.

The image of her body appeared on the screen again, now magnified and zoomed in.

On closer inspection, it was evident that she had been stabbed several times with a sharp object.

"Cause of death: Excessive bleeding"
Another label appeared on the screen, specifying the cause of death.

The zoomed in image made it obvious that Maki had been stabbed multiple times with a sharp instrument, causing extensive internal bleeding that led to her death.

The image was graphic and disturbing, and the revelation of her cause of death left many of the students speechless.

"Death time: 2:30 pm"
Another label appeared on the screen, specifying the time of death.

While the exact cause of death was hard to determine, the time of death was clear from the state of the body.

Maki had been dead for at least an hour by the time her body had been discovered, which meant that the killer was likely still roaming among them.

"Body discovery time: 4:00 pm"
One final label appeared on the screen that stated the time that the body had been discovered.

It was clear that Maki had been dead for quite some time before anyone had found her body. The window of time between her death and the body discovery made it a clear possibility that her killer was still lurking in the school.