Chapter 2 : investigation start

Kokichi smirked to himself as he raised the phone to his ear, a triumphant expression on his face.
He leaned into the receiver, eagerly awaiting his turn to leave the game.
"I'm Kokichi Ouma!"
He blurted out, his voice filled with confidence and self-satisfaction.

!!

Even as Kokichi disappeared from my sight, something about the situation still felt off.
As if this was too easy...

He had been the primary antagonist for the entire game, always one step ahead and orchestrating the deaths of everyone else in this killing game.
Was he really just going to leave, without any sort of final mastermind maneuver?

No, this couldn't be how it ended. There had to be something hidden behind his easy departure.
Kokichi couldn't have just accepted defeat without any sort of elaborate master plan to win in the end.
This was too easy, there had to be something more...

"Oh-"

Gonta entered the room with a stressed expression

" ..."

Gonta seemed to have no interest in engaging in small talk, preferring to get straight to the point and exit the game as quickly as possible.
He stepped up to the phone and spoke his name into the receiver with a calm and monotonous tone before leaning back, waiting for the transmission to complete.

!!!

" Ayanokoji kiyokata.."

With this- there should be no more killings in here-

Both threats kokichi oma the ultimate supreme leader and his tool gonta..have been stopped from doing anything so far..

!!!

" Makkkaaaiii!!!!!!"

" Aaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!"

A sudden scream rang out just as we were taking off our virtual headsets, sending chills down my spine.

I snapped my head up and looked around the room urgently, trying to locate the source of the noise.

"What was that?"
I whispered, the tension and anxiety creeping back into my mind.

*Bing bong bing bong!*

My heart sank as I heard the familiar "Dead Body Reported" sound from the Monokuma, announcing a new murder.

"Maki Harukawa is dead."
Monokuma's monotone and emotionless voice echoed through the speakers, sending a new wave of panic throughout the group.

"We all know what that means...

"Another trial is about to start..."
I muttered under my breath, a sense of dread and uneasiness creeping over me. A new murder had occurred, and we would soon have to discover the culprit.

The game was far from over, and the mystery of this killing game just seemed to keep getting more and more complex with every new death.

We all remained silent for a moment, processing the latest development. Another death, another trial, another mastermind behind this madness.

We all knew what we had to do next: investigate the scene and uncover the truth behind this new murder.

The sudden death of Maki Harukawa had affected everyone in the group, but Kaito Momota and Shuichi Saihara were especially devastated by the news.

Kaito was shaken off his feet by the shock of loosing such a close friend ,while Shuichi's eyes were filled with sorrow and heartbreak as he processed the latest death.