[1]

"You can have a lot of people around and still have no one." -Rahul Gehlot

[3RD PERSON POV]

Y/N fell to the floor with a loud bang as her father hit her as hard as he could, that would definitely leave a mark.

"DAD PLEASE!"

She screamed as her father hit her again as she tried her hardest to get up.

"I hope this was a reminder never to touch my property you little shit!"

Y/N nodded, tears spilled from her eyes uncontrollably as her father gave her one final kick in the ribs before slamming the door.

"Damn it.."

She curled up in a ball and cried into her knees, she has always bottled up her feelings but this was different.

Y/N's mother burst into the room and spotted her on the ground.

"Oh my sweet im so sorry..."

She rushed over to her daughter and scooped her up into her arms.

"It hurts so bad mama..."

"I know baby, I know... one day we will get away from this man."

[ONE WEEK LATER]

Y/N put on her raincoat and threw on her old battered up converse.

She slowly opened the door to the crying sky.

"What a beautiful day."

She smiled as she stepped into the rain, the drops of rain gently hit her face making her feel not so alone anymore.

Mrrow..

Y/N looked down at the cat rubbing against her legs, his name was Percy.

"When I leave this place I'm taking you with me Percy.."

She smiled as she pet the stray cat lovingly, he touched his nose to her hand.

"Dad has been hitting me again.. but it's ok I touched his things when I shouldn't even be in his room at all."

Percy let out a low growl hearing her talk about her father.

"Come on Percy, let's enjoy the day while we can."

Y/N ran off into the woods across from her house, it was her favorite place in which she could feel at home.

The woods were filled with beautiful flowers that could mesmerize any normal person who had a passion for them.

"Percy, look it's a four leaf clover!"

Y/N held the clover above them to get a better look at it.

"Maybe with this dad will actually love me."

She joked as Percy let out an unamused sound.

"Apparently there is an abandoned treehouse just a bit father down the path, we should go check it out."

Y/N ran off with Percy on her heels as they went to go find the treehouse.

They hopped over a puddle and crossed a giant mossy log.

"Don't you just love the smell of rain..."

She looked down at the tuxedo cat next to her and smiled.

He was her only friend...