eight

Hidden
S1 - 02 & 03
𝒪𝓁𝒾𝓋𝒾𝒶 ℛℯ𝒹𝒻𝒾ℯ𝓁𝒹
° . * 𓆝° . °  . * ● ¸

-MADISON SPUN AROUND ABRUPTLY

...finding JJ casually leaning against the door frame.

Exhaling deeply in relief, she exclaimed, "JJ, you scared me!" before running a hand through her hair.

JJ raised his hands up in a gesture of apology. "Sorry about that." He said, walking towards her.

"What are you even still doing here? I thought you left already." Madison asked, tilting her head back slightly to meet JJ's gaze.

He slipped his hands in his pockets, clearing his throat before speaking. "I just wanted to make sure you were...you know, okay." He said, eliciting a smile from Madison.

"I'll be fine." Madison reassured him with a smile.

JJ grinned and nodded, mumbling, "okay.."

Madison and JJ lingered, their eyes locked in a silent exchange. In that moment, Madison felt the familiar warmth that enveloped her whenever JJ was near, or whenever he touched her.

Similarly, JJ couldn't shake the sense of familiarity that washed over him whenever Madison smiled, whenever she would laugh at his jokes, or even whenever she touches him.

Madison, driven by an inexplicable urge, sensed the mounting tension in the room, heightened by JJ's subtle gaze drifting to her lips. Instinctively, she licks her lips, then swiftly averted her eyes, clearing her throat to break the spell.

"Um, you should..." her voice trailed off as JJ closed the distance, their bodies now mere inches apart. JJ seemingly lost in the moment, boldly slid his hand onto her waist, lowering his head.

Despite Madison's intense desire to lean in and reciprocate, she retrained herself, gently placing her hands on his shoulders to halt his advance before his lips could meet hers.

"JJ..." she whispered, her voice barely audible.

JJ's eyes widened in a sudden realization, a curse escaping his lips as he swiftly retreated from Madison, backing away.

"Shit.." he muttered to himself, hastily exiting the house, his hands gripping his hair in frustration.

"It's okay, JJ-JJ? Where are you going?!" Madison called out, her voice tinged with concern, but he continued to stride away without looking back.

Despite Madison's strong desires to kiss him, she couldn't do it. She feared the potential complications it could bring between him and her brother, John B, who is also his best friend...

—AS JOHN B STEPPED INTO THE CHATEAU

...anticipating the aftermath of the intruders, he was surprised to find it immaculately cleaned, save for some scattered trash outside.