Chapter 55: No Regrets

Year ???
Location: Tower of Babel, ???

"It is not a sin to fight for the right cause. There are those who words alone will not reach. Cell is such a being. I know how you feel, Gohan. You are gentle, you do not like to hurt. I know because I too have learned these feelings, but it is because you cherish life that you must protect it."
- Android 16

Armin felt like vomiting. He shakily raised his hand away from his mouth to see a handful of blood and his own cracked teeth. He was breathing heavily. It hurt. He wanted to cry. He was.. helpless.

Kneeling on the steel railings on the edge of the Tower of Babel, Armin looked up to see Sasha staggering towards a creature engulfed in shadows.

Sasha: Y/n!

Sasha ran up to Y/n, grabbing him by the arm and looking up at him with a hurt expression.

Sasha: Why would you do that?! You hurt your own brother!! What.. what's the matter with you..

Sasha slowly stopped speaking as she noticed that Y/n, despite her grabbing him and yelling at him, wasn't listening to her at all. She looked down to see what Y/n was doing. He had screwed off both the gas tanks of her ODM gear. She gazed up at him with nervousness in her voice.

Sasha: Y-Y/n-

Arming gasped out as Y/n grabbed onto Sasha's face with this big hand and threw her off the railing. Armin dashed to the edge to see Sasha screaming at the top of her lungs while she was falling into a seemingly endless void before her voice suddenly stopped with a loud thud.

Armin: Sasha..?

Annie: H-How could you?!! After everything we've been through.. she was your friend!!

Armin leaned on the railing and looked to the side to see Annie dashing at Y/n in rage. Her attacks were slow and emotional, which made it easy for Y/n to weave out of the way, walking backwards. As Annie threw a wide hook, Y/n ducked it and slung his massive arm around her throat, restraining her from behind.

Annie's face ran red as the blood flow to her head was cut off. She was grunting like an animal, smashing her elbow in Y/n's rib and scratching his face to break free.. to no avail. He didn't even flinch.

Annie: W-Wait, Y/n.. I-I'm pregnant..

But Y/n didn't react at all. Instead, Armin froze as he saw Y/n staring right at him.

Y/n: Do you love your sister, Armin?

Armin: Huh..?

With bloodshot eyes, Annie slowly dragged her view up to Y/n's face, who looked at her with no emotion whatsoever.

Annie: You'll be a father, Y/n.. i-isn't that great..? I love-

Her eyes went blank, and she gurgled on her saliva as Y/n levered her neck to the side with his arm slung around her neck, slowly and painfully snapping her spine off her head in a fleshy thud. Her body went completely limp, and Y/n dropped her to the steel railing.

Armin looked at Annie's dead body, breathing heavily and quickly. He screamed out in terror, seeing his sister's corpse on the floor.

Bertolt: Annie!! Y-You bastard!!

Y/n staggered forwards as Reiner grabbed him from behind, restraining him. Bertolt ran across the railing, with sparks flying out of him, and a face filled with rage.

Reiner: You'll pay for what you've done!!

Bertolt: Die!!

Armin: No!!