Chapter 52: Unholy Alliance

Year: 854
One day after the start of the Rumbling
Location: Outskirts of Wall Maria

"We get dirty, and the world stays clean. That's the mission."
- Captain John Price

Somewhere far off from all major towns, protected by the forest around them, the Survey Corps made camp, meeting together in what was most likely their last and most important meeting, deciding the future of this world.

The current Survey Corps was present, with the addition of Gabi and Falco. The last remaining Anti-Marleyan Volunteers, Onyankopon and Yelena, were present but decided to keep quiet. And, of course, their newly found allies, Folk and Pieck, were there as well. While the former just sat idly by, the latter was stared at rather intensely, as Pieck was in her Titan form, compared to anyone else that sat around the campfire.

Hanji has officially declared this newly founded group the fourth lineup of the Special Operations Squad.

Hanji chopped some carrots into the pot above the campfire, speaking out to her subordinates.

Hanji: Can you guys stop staring at our new ally like that and help me with the stew here?

Jean: Sure. If the lady would actually grace us with her human form instead of symbolically holding a gun to our heads by remaining in her Titan form.

Hanji sighed, feeling as if this wouldn't be a very smooth alliance that she had formed. Gabi walked up to the Cart Titan, gently pulling on its hair, speaking in a pleading tone.

Gabi: Pieck, could you maybe come out? I'm certain they don't want any confrontation. It would be for the best to speak to each other now, and talk about how we deal with this situation.

It took a moment, but the nape of the Cart Titan opened up with a blast of steam escaping from inside. Pieck jumped down onto the grass and sat by the campfire with everyone else. Although both her gaze and her stance showed that she clearly didn't trust anyone fully yet.

Yelena: Oh, would you look at that? The Marleyan Warrior pulled her head out of her ass and decided to grace us barbarians with her presence. To what do we owe the honor, my lady?

Pieck gazed over at the snappy Yelena, staring her down with cold eyes.

Pieck: I know you ain't talking, Yelena. You insignificant traitorous rat are just mad that you betrayed your country before the big changes happened, my husband brought. Tell me, Yelena, how dumbfounded were you when you saw the new Marley Y/n created? How incredibly furious were you at yourself that you jumped off a wagon just before it took a turn for the better?

Yelena's glare intensified, prompting Pieck to smirk with a toxic aura behind her eyes.

Pieck: That's what I thought. Keep sulking in your embarrassment, you ugly punk.