(Ch.2) Hanging out w/ Jax

Ragatha, Gangle and I had a sleepover last night in Ragatha's room! It was probably the only time I was glad I didn't have to sleep... we stayed up a lot until we got bored. I smiled. I was sitting on the edge of Jax's bed, talking to him as he picked up some keys that fell due to my clumsiness off of the floor. 

Hmm, really? Whaddya girls do? Talk about how much you loved painting your nails in the real world? He stood up holding a small key, grinning at me. Did ya stay up talking about makeup or something girly? 

I rolled my eyes, smiling. I mean we did talk about some silly female stuff but we were mostly talking about... other stuff! I looked down at the floor as Jax picked up a key that was glitching through the floor. 

Stupid keys, always glitching through stuff... he grumbled. He then looked at me again. Other stuff? Like what? 

Well, its not really interesting sooo I wouldn't want to bother you. I looked over at where Jax was putting his keys. There was an area of wall where it was full of hanging keys, and there was still more in the drawer in front of the wall. Why do you have so many keys?...

Jax sat on the edge of the bed by me. He sat there for a moment, thinking, before saying Everyone here tends to collect stuff. In fact, I probably have the most normal collection... have you seen Kinger's room? There's brooms everywhere! I can't believe that guy hasn't abstracted yet, he's crazy. Jax chuckled. 

I laughed. Brooms? Why brooms? 

I have no idea. So, you know how he has a insect collection, right? Well, I'm not sure if he's more obsessed with brooms or insects. I mean, he talks about his insect collection a lot but, compared to the number of brooms in his room, the number of insects just cannot compare. 

I laughed, but I also thought. If I stayed here for a long time, would I turn crazy like him?... If I stayed, would I end up with some crazy collection, piling up over the many years of being trapped in this circus? Would I become so mentally unstable that I would shake like Kinger did? I attempted to shake my thoughts away, and Jax seemed to have noticed that something was indeed disturbing me. 

Jax took a deep breath. He sat up, got onto his bed properly, and laid down. He motioned me over, so I laid by him. We were both quiet for some time, an awkward silence, until Jax spoke.  I remember one time when Kinger was running around with his broom... it was during an adventure, when we were just welcoming Zooble into the circus... a racing competition, which, obviously, I won. Jax grinned proudly.

~~Flashback to some years ago (Jax's POV)~~

Jax, I know you're eager to win this race but... don't speed more than you have to! Ragatha sighed as I got into my racing car. 

Nahh, don't worry about me, Doll face. I glanced behind Ragatha to see Kinger. I yelled out to him. HEY KINGER! THERES A BUG ON YOU!

Kinger looked back at me, processed before screeching BUGS? ON ME? OH NO, BUGS ARE CRAWLING ON MY SKIN... I FEEL THEM... I MUST CAPTURE THEM ALL!!!! INNNNSSEEEECCCCTTTS!!! Kinger ran over to the nearby car shop and grabbed a broom. He ran around with the broom, yelling about how he must capture the bugs to add them to his insect collection. 

What- Jax! You just- Thats not nice Jax! Ragatha ran over to Kinger. I knew it was gonna take her a while to calm him down. I knew that by the time they were done, I would be walking about with a smile on my face. 

Now I only have to race against Kaufmo and Zooble hehe.... they have no chance winning against the fastest rabbit alive! I said proudly out loud.

Somehow, Kinger hears me and stops his tracks immediately, the sudden stop causing Ragatha to nearly bump into Kinger. Zooble? WHO'S ZOOBLE? 

Uhm, I'm Zooble?... Answered Zooble, appearing behind Kinger and Ragatha with their helmet on. 

Kinger looked at Zooble and then screamed. AHHHH WHO'S THAT WHERE DID THEY COME FROM HOW LONG HAVE THEY BEEN HERE!? 

~~End of flashback, back to Pomni's POV~~

I was laughing at the story, especially at the silly reactions that Kinger had. 

Jax smiled, then put his arm around my shoulder. Not gonna lie, he was a pretty sweet dude many years back. He was still pretty crazy, but I kind of considered him as a father sometimes. 

Ooh, really? Wait, didn't Ragatha say something about you being here in the circus since you were little?  So... You grew up around Kinger? 

Jax shifted a bit. He tried to act cool but I could tell he felt uncomfortable talking about this. 

I quickly spoke. Hey, if it doesn't make you comfortable-

Nah, its fine. Yeah, Kinger basically took care of me. And when Ragatha arrived, she also took care of me. I was 13 when she entered the circus. 

Didn't she say you were 11 though?

I never really told her or anyone my age at that time. I always keep track of it, though. I never forget what age I am because I wrote it down when I first entered the circus. 

Ooh, thats very smart. I smiled. I should probably do that, too... 

Jax grinned. Whaat, why? You planning on staying here for a long time? Didn't you say you were looking for an exit? 

Ah yes, you have a great point! I suppose I shouldn't write down anything at all! I giggled. He was right, though. I was supposed to be looking for an exit and I wouldn't even need to write down what age I was when I entered the circus. But at the same time, I was scared of being stuck here forever. 

Jax? I asked. 

Hm? 

If you were able to leave this place, would you? 

I'm pretty sure everyone would leave, PomPom. Answered Jax, moving my hair away from my face. 

Mmm. If we ever do somehow all leave, do you think we will all still be able to see eachother in the real world? 

Jax sighed. I don't know, Pomni. I would hope but, there's no way out Pomni. We've been stuck here for years, I would know about some exit if there was one. 

I stared up at the ceiling in deep thought. Despite what Jax was telling me, I had a flicker of hope that, someday and somehow, we will all be able to leave this digital world. 

After some time, I decided to rest my eyes and feel some sort of human sensation of falling asleep.