Chapter 8: You're beautiful

As I promised I'm back with uploads just finished my exams on Thursday.

Luz's Pov:

I woke up less than an hour from when i slept. 'Totally worth it' I thought as I remembered the time i spent with amity, though I'm extremely exhausted I'd manage to barely push through the day.

I made my way to my first class and sat down in my usual seat waiting for the teacher and a certain someone to come.

10 minutes had passed by and the lesson wa about to start, I lifted my head up and noticed a familiar mint haired girl sat down beside me.

"Good morning Luz" She said, she tried to hide the tiredness in her voice but I caught onto it.

"Maybe I shouldn't have called you it so late.. " I stated, which made her smile a bit, telling me not to worry about it.

As a teacher worked into the classroom he told us to keep quiet, and pay attention to the lesson.

I felt a different type of way with Amity.  I knew she was different, but I couldn't help it. I've taken too much risk in the past and they always ended up as a dissapointment, I didn't want to feel that type of way and lose the in my person that might have actually cared for me as a person.

Amity snapped her fingers in front of me, bringing me out of my thoughts.
"What are you thinking about that has you looking all depressed?" She asked curiously. I smiled, I would never do anything to damage our relationship, nothing had to change, things were fine as they were.

"Today's lessons have ended and we have the rest of the day off, wanna spend some time at my house?" I asked without any intentions behind it, but Amity blushed a bit before we calmed down and nodded her head.

Once we got to my house, glad Eda wasn't home, we made our way to my room. I told Amity to make herself comfy while I go down and make us something to eat.

Amity's pov

Once I was sure Luz had left, my heart was racing, this was the first time I was in her room. I won't lie or th past couple of weeks that Luz has been here I've grown some form of liking towards Luz. I mean she is cute... I-i mean she looks alright I guess.. 'Calm down Amity let's not get ahead of ourselves'

Luz came back to her room with some human food she calls chips and this drink that kinda hurts my tongue called soda.

We talked for a while, about school, ourselves, overall it was a pretty relaxing experience. Getting o see a new side of Luz, one that's calm and relaxed is totally different from her tense and timid personality. I have to admit it's kinda cute.

"Hey Luz.." I asked as I rested my head on her shoulder taking a sip of my drink. She replied by humming a response. "What were you like back in the human realm?" I asked curiously as I felt her tense up.

Luz's POV

Shit, why did she have to ask that. Of all the things it just had to be that.

I relaxed a bit before signing.

"Well I wasn't really the most liked back in the human realm. I was always treated as an outcast by my peers and I didn't grow up with friends. I lways wanted to end my life at any moment but I had to hold on for my mom. I'm the only one she has left after my dad died." I paused taking a break before looking at Amity who had a look of sympathy. "My story's kinda depressing.   I always go body shamed because of my height, my looks, overall everything about myself. I actually think I'm pretty ugly yknow? Maybe if I looked better they would have stayed with me instead of leaving me"

Before I could continue Amity grabbed my face and squished it. "Don't believe what they say luz. You're beautiful. I'm pretty sure your body is just as beautiful as you are." I blushed a bit as she spoke, rubbing her neck slightly before looking at me who had tears forming in my eyes. She reached over to cup my cheek as i relaxed into her hand. I grabbed her hand and kissed the inside of her palm before smiling and wiping my remaining tears.

"Thanks Amity. I think you're beautiful to." She said as a bright blush appeared on my face. "I-i uhm... I gotta go now... See you tommorow Luz. " She said as she hastly got up before and waved me goodbye and I did the same.

"God I know I'm not meant too, but I'm falling for her hard.

_____________

I'm back with the uploads tried to mix in angst with lumity development. Hope you enjoyed.

Word count: 839 words