Chapter 1

Secrets are hiding within the bushes and forest on the outskirt of LA. No one dares to go into the forest as all the folktales that are told about what lies in the forests. So no one ever disturbs the forest.

Tim Bradford, the alpha of the Midnight pack. He took over as the leader of the pack at the age of 18, when his father died.

Wesley Evers, the pack's beta and Tim's best friend. He helps Tim out all the time, he was appointed as beta when Tim's dad died.

Angela Lopez and Nyla Harper are the gamma wolves in the pack. They are both such strong fighters, they're Tim's best friends but he also trust them to have his back during any fights that comes the pack's way. The girls both had their soulmates, Wesley was Angela's soulmate and James Murray was Nyla's soulmate. Both couples had two pups and they were best friends.

Genny Bradford is Tim's sister, doesn't have a title in the pack but is treated with the upmost respect as the pack does fear and respect Tim.

Wade Grey and Luna Grey have been apart of the pack for a long time, when the Bradford's children home life was terrible the Grey's took them under their care. Both Genny and Tim care deeply about the Grey's opinion and always turned to them for help.

Tamara Collins was a stray that Tim find one night on his hunt. She was scared and alone, recently left behind by her pack as her alpha was shifting, leaving any weak or wolves he didn't like behind. When Tim got close to Tamara, she was ready to attack and lash out. But with a little time, Tim proved to be no harm and welcoming her to his pack. He took her under his wing the way that the Grey's did to him.

Lucy Chen is a wolf in the Dark Moon pack, she is unmated but no wolf wants her at all. The alpha doesn't take her anywhere, forcing her to stay behind. She has never been on a hunt, eating what others don't, eat scraps or worst off eating what she can find but that didn't satisfy her wolf.

One night, the alpha kicked her out of the pack and leaving her behind. Being an unmated female wolf was dangerous, especially with no pack. Lucy was roaming the forest trying to find a feed when she was attacked by a stray male wolf, nothing else other that the attack happened as the male was interested in her. He retreated into the forest further leaving her laying there injured, all alone. Lucy had no hope and was ready to accept her fate.

Tim was in his cabin, getting this feeling that washed over him. He could feel pain, fear, hopelessness and alone. With that he rushed over to the Grey's cabin, he knocked and Luna opened. She could see the look on his face and allowed him to enter, guiding him to the couch.

"What's wrong, son?" Wade asked Tim sitting down across from him. "I don't know, I was in my cabin cleaning the kitchen when this weird thing happened." Tim didn't know how to describe it or know what he was feeling. "What happened, Tim?" Luna asked softly, sitting next to him and taking ahold of his hand. "I got these feelings washing over me. I felt pain, fear, hopelessness and alone. I don't understand as I'm completely fine." The couple exchange looks and were having a silent communication. "We believe that's your soulmate." Luna states. "What? No, I don't have a soulmate." Tim was in total disbelief. "Son, I think you do. You and your mate are clearly bonded by emotions, but I fear that your mate is in danger. The emotions you described are ones that aren't good at all." "So my mate could be injured? And I know nothing of her." Tim's brain was working into overdrive with all of this information absorbed.

"Have you ever had feeling wash over you that you didn't understand?" Luna questioned, trying to get an understand of what is going on. "Now, I think about it. Yeah. I have had the feelings over happiness and peace wash over me before but now when I have these feelings, they have started to be more darker like someone put a spark out." "Son, you have a soulmate. I just don't know how to find her." There was a moment of silence that washed over the wolves, when they heard a commotion going on outside, in the centre of town.

Tim and the Grey's rushed out to where the commotion is, when they arrive, they transform back into humans. "What's going on here?" Tim sternly says, gaining the attention of everyone. "Genny, Nyla and Angela were taking Tamara out for a run when they came across this." Wesley says and motions for Tim to follow him. What Tim saw was a female wolf, injured and unconscious. "Do we know anything about her?" Tim questions. "No. There's nothing we know, but she has a scent of a stray wolf on her and there's a faint scent but no one can recognise it." Angela says, answering her alpha's question. Tim could smell the same as Angela, the stray wolf were a dangerous force but then Tim smells the scent faintly of a pack. 

"That's the Dark Moon pack. I have heard whispers that he was relocating his pack." Tim says looking down at the wolf, his feelings he was feeling were stronger than they were a few minutes ago. "She unmated, which is incredibly dangerous for her. But her scent is stronger than the stray wolf which is weird because he should have taken advantage of her." Zoe Anderson says, she is the pack's medical expert. "What do we do?" Nyla questioned. "Bring her to the medical centre, Zoe please take care of her. Once she is awake, we'll see what she is like and then determine what to do with her." Tim spoke with authority.

With that being said, they moved the injured wolf to the medical centre. Zoe went straight to work tending to the wolf's injuries, while everyone waited outside. "We know how dangerous the world is for a packless unmated female wolf, so what do we do?" Wesley asked. "We can allow her to join the pack, but we need to know why she is packless first." Tim states and everyone agrees.

The wolf started waking up, panicked as she was unsure where she is. She caught sight of Zoe and went crazy, jumping up and frantically moving around, trying to escape the place. Zoe wasn't able to calm her down so she quickly ran to the door and opened it. "Guys, she awake but umm she's unsettled." Zoe says, Angela and Nyla went to enter the room but were stopped by Tim. "Let me try and if it doesn't work I'll call you in, okay?" Both wolf nods and with that Tim entered the room.

"Hey." He said softly but firm. The wolf turned to look at him, eyeing him. "Calm down, no one is here to hurt you, we just trying to help." Tim staying standing in place. The wolf listened and sat down, she smelt the authority demeanour on the man and bowed her head, accepting that he was the alpha around here. Tim took a few steps forward, and stopped as he saw the wolf tense up. "Can you transform back?" Tim questioned, with that a few moments the wolf transformed into a beautiful young woman, the others couldn't believe it as they were watching through the windows.