Chapter 6

Day Three:

It was determined for the rest of the week that Lucy would be training with Angela and Nyla. Back in the day, Wade was an incredible fighter and the girls were excited to see what Lucy has.

"Guys, go easy on her for now. This is all new to her so we need to assess before increasing her training." Tim said to the girls, "but what if she is like her father, then what do we do?" Nyla questioned him. "You know what you can do then, if so." The girls met Lucy at the training ground.

"Hey Lucy." "Hey girls, what are we doing today?" The girls looked at each other and Angela spoke up to her, "we are going to test your reaction time. You're gonna run the track and there will be objects that will jump out and you're gonna dodge them." "Okay." Lucy transformed and went to the starting line, Nyla told her to start. Lucy was running around, calm free but still focused, she was going faster and faster when all of a sudden...

She stopped suddenly, she was whimpering and scratching her paws. The girls ran over to her, "Lucy, you okay?" Nyla stepped closer but Lucy snarled and backed up. "Nyla, go get Tim, he'll be able to help." Nyla transformed and sprinted off to get Tim, while Angela stayed behind. "Lucy, I need you to calm down. You're okay, Nyla is coming back with Tim." Lucy continued pacing while in pain and whimpering. Angela stayed to try and comfort her but it didn't work.

Nyla found Tim and growled at him. "Nyla?" She transformed back. "We didn't do anything to Lucy yet, but she was running the track and then suddenly stopped and started scratching at her paws. She is whimpering and we tried to help but she snarled at us. We need your help." With that they raced back to the training ground, Tim reached Lucy and Angela when he transformed back into his human form. "Thanks for watching her Ang, I'll try now." He walked up to Lucy and heard her whimpering while laying down. "Shhh, Lucy you're okay. Is it okay if I come closer to you? I want to help you." Lucy looked up at Tim, she was in pain so she stayed still. Tim took it as a sign that he could move closer. 

"Where does it hurt?" Lucy scratched her paw. "Is it just the one paw or the others as well?" Lucy scratched her other paws as well. "Okay, can you transform into your human self so we can have a look?" Lucy moved back slightly. "We can't touch them in your human form?" Lucy nods and moves towards Tim. "Okay, I'll do one paw at a time. Let's start with the back paws, let me know if you need a break. Could Angela and Nyla come and stay with you while I do this?" Lucy nods, Tim tells the girls to come down to stay with Lucy. Angela transforms into her wolf and nuzzled her head with Lucy's which Lucy found comforting, Lucy did it back to Angela. Tim warned Lucy that he was going to lift her paw up, when he gently spreads her claws, he sees multiple needles. "Nyla, do you have something I can put these needles in." Nyla got something for Tim. "Ok Lucy, I'm going to start detaching these needles, you ready?" Lucy looks at him with fear in her fears. Tim moved a hand to her face and stoked her cheek, "Luce, it's okay. I'm going to be gentle like last time but if you want me to stop get Angela or Nyla to tell me." Lucy leans into his hold on her face and nods at him.

One by one, Tim pulled the needles out of Lucy paw, then he moved onto the second paw. He was being gentle so he didn't hurt her more. Tim moved to her front paws, he couldn't believe someone could do this to someone like Lucy. On the last paw, he held it in his hand to provide comfort then he put in down. Lucy bolted up and ran. "Lucy!" Nyla called out, they were watching her. "Don't worry, she'll come back." With that being said, Lucy ran back up to them and was standing closely in front of Tim. Their eyes met and Lucy bows her head in gratitude for helping her. Tim crouches down, bring a hand to her face and asks "that better?" Lucy nods. "Now go, go for your run. Do you want me to stay?" Lucy looks up at him, Tim could see she wanted him to stay. "I'll be over there, okay?" He points to where he is going to sit. 

Lucy is running around the track, having fun and carefree. But Lucy knows that there will be obstacles, she keeps running when an obstacles pops out and she dodges it. More obstacles are coming out, Lucy is dodging them jumping on / over them and even going under. But she impressed everyone but doing a double backflip over a particularly high. "Well it's clear whose daughter she is." Angela said to Nyla who agreed. Tim couldn't stop smiling as he knew she wold be good but he was impress by how amazing she truely is. Lucy kept going until she was called back in.

"That's enough for one day. Why don't you join us on our hunt tonight?" Lucy thought about the offer and accepted. That night, it was weird without Tim there but Lucy learnt more and got to know the girls. After their feed, they all headed home.