Chapter 5

Chapter 5

No, I was not doubting Aradhana, I was doubting my fate. What if she eventually loses interest in me, and starts getting irritated by me? Questions in my mind with no answers. And I don't even want to find answers because I fear them.

With small steps, I moved towards my new class. That was like déjà vu. In that new class, I again didn't know anyone, I again felt alone, I was again feeling left out, and so many more things.

I had no strength to lose another friend, that to Aradhana. She made me feel special when she was a gem herself. In that one year, I got to know about a lot of things. About her appearance, beautiful would be an underword. Her hair, long and thick. Her brown eyes behind those big round glasses made her look more adorable. Her short height and chubby body were an adding point to her beauty.

She was a talented artist. Her skills were truly awesome. She had a unique way of looking at things from an artistic perspective. Additionally, she possessed an understanding and empathetic behavior, which helped her to communicate her point of view to others effectively. Not only did she deliver powerful speeches, but she also presented genuine facts to support her arguments.

I had no strength to lose her. She was not just my best friend. She was my only friend, with whom I could share things, who never ignored me, and who made me feel special. She was a gem whom I could not afford to lose.

I was sitting in my new class, all alone, in the corner, again and thinking about the worst and praying for the best. Then again out of nowhere, Ankit came. "Can I sit?" He asked pointing toward the empty place beside me. Before I could respond he sat there while saying "Baith hi jata hoon." (I will just sit down).

I didn't know that he and I were in the same class after reshuffling. Well no doubt he used to talk a lot, but then I got used to it. He was tall, way taller than me, and had a healthy body. He had black eyes just like a night sky and the white shine in his pupil looked like a star. When I saw him for the first time, his eyes looked like a bright sun but at that time, when I looked closely, they were as dark as a night sky. But one thing about him that was different was his nature. It was clear that in the past year, he was trying to be friendly. His talks sometimes seemed useless which honestly were. Like, "Don't you think our teacher's is quite small, why is that?" "If I do a murder I would be in jail, but let me tell you, I killed so many mosquitoes but I am still here." His talks which I tried to ignore but couldn't.

Classes soon started, and my focus was on my studies. Leaving the fact that Ankit was disturbing me again again. Classes soon came to an end and break started. As much as I was scared to meet Aradhana, I was eager to meet her too.

I closed the book and ran towards her class. I was on my way when I saw her coming towards me with a tiffin box in her hands. She came closer and asked me "Tera tiffin kahan hai?" (where is your tiffin?). Before waiting for my reply she added "Chal jaldi se leke aa." (Now go and bring it fast. Her words had a big effect on me. I was so happy.

I quickly ran to bring my tiffin to. We found an area where we eat together during break time daily. My friendship with her became stronger and stronger. She was the definition of true love. She always helped me with my situation. Her speeches always had a great impact on me. She gave me different advice. I could share my things with her. She was not just my friend but like a sister, an elder sister.

Months passed by. Nothing changed. Ankit and I also became good friends. I started to respond to his talks. His behavior was pleasant.

One day, when Aradhana was absent. I was in the class, studying, and some students from my class came to me "Ohh come on! Why are you like this, nerd, always studying." One of them said. Well not with Aradhana, but for others I was like this, always studying, no talking, no sharing. People thought of me as a nerd. I was not like that earlier. But ignorance from my parents and my bully friends made me that.

"What was your name again?... Asha, Asha Mittal right?" Another asked. Before I could reply, one student snatched my book, and I got to know that I was being bullied. "Give me my book back," I said. "Ohh.... We got scared nerd." They said. It was not like I could not deal with them, I left my old self who just used to get bullied. I snatched my book again. "You should be scared," I stated. "How dare you?" One of them raised their hand and was about to hit me when a strong built hand stopped it. I looked at the owner of the hand and it was Ankit. "Kuch aur kaam Dhanda nahi hai kya tumhe, tum toh khud padhte nahi kisi aur ko bhi mut padhne do." (Don't you have work to do, neither you will study nor you will let anybody study). "Ankit, don't step between us okay," one of them said. "I was between this when you tried to disturb my sister," Ankit said. I was shocked. He considered me as his sister. No one ever did that for me. I was bullied before, a lot, but no one ever helped me. And Ankit, not only did he make me feel that I am not alone, but he also used to help me, but that day he protected me. My brother never stood for me but he did.

"She is your sister?" They asked. "Yes she is, and you all owe an apology to her." He said with anger in his eyes. I never saw him like that. For me, he was a talkative and cute boy. "S..sorry," they said and went away.

"You okay? Sorry I came late, they didn't hurt you, did they?" He said while patting my head. I lost control. I cried in front of him. Not because I was bullied but because someone protected me for the first time. He didn't say anything, just watched me crying. After a while I thanked him. "Oye pagal, tu meri behen jaisi hai aur agar thankyou bolnahi hai toh joh math ski class me hua tha voh samjha de, voh main so gaya tha." ( Stupid, you are like my sister, and if you want to say thank you, please teach me what happened in maths class actually, slept.) He said and I laughed.

Ankit was my friend, but after that day we were brother and sister. I felt so much fortunate at that time. Sister like friend Aradhana and a brother Ankit. I was so happy.

Time passed. I was doing well. Just one thing that I couldn't take out from my mind was Dhruv. I saw him again near a garden. I waved at him but he didn't respond. I got a question that was he ignoring me but I soon shut my mind concluding that he probably didn't see me. But I was eager to meet him, spend time with him, and talk to him. In all this time one thing I realized was that my feelings for him were not just friendship. But I was not sure that they were love or just a small crush.

I was just thinking about him while roaming around a corridor in the school when I saw HIM. I was shocked, no shocked would be an underword. I thought he left the school, but no he was in front of me at that particular time. My heart was rising, my feet were trembling in fear. I ran towards my class. I sat down in my seat. I behaved everything was normal, but no. He came back, My BIGGEST NIGHTMARE.....

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello guys...

Who do you think Asha saw?

What do you think about Ankit and the bond between him and Asha?

Share your thoughts,

Follow me on Instagram

Thank you... :)