12: Express

"So, uh," Eddy cleared his throat and tried putting together his story. "Man I don't where to start, damn."

Jackson became more eager to listen to his triumphant tale. "Come on dude, I'm bored!" he answered, his voice filled with enthusiasm. "I wanna hear some stories!"

Eddy only managed a deep sigh. He scrambled for to words to add to his unsolved tale of uncertainty about the future, and what meaning it held for him. "This was one time I got busted for smoking weed a few nights ago..." he slowly began, the pulse of excitement quickening inside Jackson. 

Eddy took time to piece together his events of the past few days, trying to make them more understandable to him. He sought out detail after detail about the events that had occurred all these days ago. Jackson listened with keen ears as he narrated through his quite deranged story of where was after all these days of being away. The warm atmosphere in the bar gloomed as Eddy was at his story's temporary end, closing the unsolved doubts on Jackson's head.

"Damn, nice," Jackson replied, in awe after hearing his account of where he has been. "I remember going out with someone like her before."

"Oh wow, how'd it go?" Eddy doubted.

"Best at the least," he answered. "Almost died one day trying to get away from her."

Eddy's heart skipped a beat as he heard his words. He thought that one day, this same fate will come to him, and he won't be coming out of it with a beating heart soon enough. He leaned forward from his seat, his eyes widened with fear. "The hell you mean almost died!?" he replied in a frantic tone. "You're joking right?"

"I ain't messing around, man. Got scars all over my torso, wanna take a look?" Jackson said in a dismissive voice as he tried to life his shirt and jacket at once, to which Eddy gave a panic-stricken yell to not do so.

"Hey hey! There are girls around here!" Eddy screamed in a panicking voice as he waved his hands in front of Jackson's face.

Ok fine! Calm down!" he replied in a hasty tone as he took his hands of his shirt. "What that girl look like by the way?"

"What? you wanna go find her?" Eddy doubted.

"Nah nah, curious."

Eddy took a moment to understandingly describe her usual appearance. "I mainly saw her wearing all black outfits or whatnot," he began, trying best to recollect his memory. "But she yesterday wore those purple leather sleeveless shirts where the shoulder straps were thinner and smaller. Remember seeing her with fishnets and a black miniskirt too."

"It's like those outfits you'd see on goths, but more dumbed down," Eddy continued, fully recollecting her appearance which he forgot even though they were three days into it. "Like without those spiky belts or collars, or any of that bullshit. You get it?"

Jackson gazed his head down in unexpected fright. "That awfully reminds me of my previous ex," he pointed out, his voice a deep tremble of horror.

"How'd that bitch of yours get along first time?" questioned Eddy.

"Well, forget it, you already know," Jackson put his empty glass shot on the bar counter.

"Wondered how you got her with that hairline of yours." Eddy laughed, gesturing towards his receding hairline.

"Shut up! It ain't that ugly!"

"Alright, my bad," he apologized.

"Also, just be careful about who you're with, alright?" Jackson continued. "Sometimes people aren't who they seem to be.

Eddy watched as Jackson stood down from his stool and made his way to the front door. "Hope that girl's better than whatever garbage I used to get my hands on." he remarked, opening the glass door and silently got out of the lively atmosphere which bustled at the bar.