14: Gott Helfe Mir

~~.FLASHBACK.~~

----20th June 2009------

Today was a bright day like usual, well, too brighter than any day. In the waves of faltering red leaves and the sombre-yellow rays of the sun, walked none other than Rose, her hair down in a nice wolf-cut like any other day. That's when her eyes caught the sliver of a silhouette at a small children's park beside her. A boy no older than fourteen, dressed in a black hooded jacket—bushy brown hair and pale skin was seen there, doing what seems to be humiliating a girl no older than him—perhaps even younger. She lied there rolled up as the boy repeatedly stomped his foot on her, calling her names and whatnot. It was only him doing it to her and no one else that time.

"You like that, dickhead!? Is this what you're into?" Eddy kept kicking on the poor girl with a wide grin on his face. "Oh man, look at you! You really wanted to have your ass handed by older men, didn't ya?"

As he finished his business with her and walked away, he tackled against Rose. Her eyes were the embodiment of disappointment, which made Eddy's smug expression turn that into that of an anxious and fearful face.

"Eddy, what the hell were you doing?" She shot out before he could make a run for it. "It's getting dark, why aren't you at home already?"

Eddy slowly turned back at her, his eyes widened in horror. "I... I uh-" His previously rough and smug attitude was fully morphed into that of fear and terror. He couldn't even make an insult back to her.

"If bullying girls a grade below you makes you tougher then go for it, I guess," Rose answered as she helped the young girl get on her feet, who had broken down in tears already. "...but I told you a million times not to loiter around the streets till evening!"

"I was distracted," Eddy replied, his voice a regretful tone of sorrow. "I'm sorry for hitting her, p... please forgive me, sis."

She gave out a sigh to his sorrowful response. "Alright... come here," she responds while gesturing him towards her. "Let's go somewhere to set this out."

Leaving the little girl alone at the park, they arrive at a nearby coffee shop not far from here. Rose ruffled Eddy's fluffy hair as they got to the entrance, due to his short stature all those years ago. The atmosphere around the coffee should bustled around them as they get seated at a quiet corner, far from which anyone suspicious could spot them at.

"What's been going on with you lately, Edd?" Rose began, her concern unwavering by her voice. "I've been looking for you all day!"

Eddy shifted uncomfortably, trying not to meet her eyes. "I... I don't know, honestly." he answered.

"What you mean don't know!?" She retorted.

Eddy moved his gaze down to the floor, the guilt inside him evident. "The scent of cigarettes won't go out of the house no matter what I do since mom left for work," Eddy replied, his voice trembling. "So I kinda just... went for a walk, I guess."

Rose's softened her tone for the time being after his answer. "...Then how come I saw you bullying some girl probably in fifth grade?"

Eddy's voice distorted in sorrow even more. "She was y... young."

"So? What did she do to deserve being humiliated like that!?" Rose's tone was a mixture of anger and concern.

Eddy moved his gaze towards the window beside him. "I mean, she did nothing wrong..." he murmured. "I... It's just I like older women bette-"