fourty-eight: a little something

My eyes flutter open, a sickening feeling in the pit of my stomach. I clench my jaw and squeeze my eyes shut before reopening. I sit up feeling a blanket fall off of my body. A noise behind me makes me jump and glance over my shoulder to see Andy and Jack in the kitchen. Jack was cleaning up the kitchen. Andy sitting staring at the counter top. Deep in thought.

I look away and down seeing my bear. I sit there a moment. Before swiftly pushing the blanket and bear away and rushing to the restroom.

"Y/n? Y/n!" Andy shouts. I shut the door and lock it. Rapid knocking appears at the door. "Baby!"

"I'm okay!" I speak up sitting on the toilet. I finish my business and then wash my hands. After I go to the door and unlock it, finding a worried and tired Andy. "Sorry, I really had to pee."

A smile cracks across the woman's lips as she tilts her head and reaches forward wrapping her arm around my shoulders. We walk out back to the living room where Jack is setting down two plates of food. He was still in his firefighter uniform minus the jacket pull over thing. But I could tell it was still the uniform.

   "You hungry cub? I made waffles," Jack smiles lightly. I look at the plates and nod slowly. I wasn't really but I wasn't going to be rude. Andy and I walk over and sit down on the couch. Jack sits down in the chair. A heavy silence filling the air between the two of us. My eyes glance between the two. The two of them eating in silence. I squint my eyes, picking at the food with the fork.

   "Is everything alright?" I finally ask. Both Andy and Jack lift their heads from the plate of food. Their eyes locking with mine. I can't help but to look at both of them suspiciously. There's something going on. They're never this quiet with one another.

   "Everything's fine mija," Andy says, taking a bit. Her eyes swiftly look away. I look towards Jack then, seeing him looking at his waffles. Something's up.

"You two are acting weird," I finally say. Both of them again look at me. Both of them shrug in sync then look at one another. But the glance doesn't last long. I watch both of their heads drop a split second later. I shake my head and set the plate down onto the coffee table.

"Mija you need to eat," Andy says and I nod.

"What's wrong? I know something's up. You two are acting weird and it's freaking me out." My eyes flick between them. Both of them stay silent. My head racking up everything that could be wrong. I look down at the ground for a moment, thinking.

     "It's nothing baby. Eat, someone's coming over," Andy easily tells me. I raise a brow, my lips separating to speak when there's a knock on the door. Andy goes to get up but Jack beats her to it. I raise another brow following the man as he goes to the door and opens it up. I try to peak around him but I can't. I quickly glance to Andy who looks at me with this sort of look. That sort of look she gave me when she first met me. That look she gave me in the hospital but now there's more to it. A hell of a lot more to it.

     "Y/n," a shaky breath escapes causing my eyes to turn from Andy and to the door. Jack shutting it as a familiar dirty blonde hair and blue eye girl stands with a relieving smile on her face.

     "Caroline..."