4| DETECTIVE

Scott
The message glared at Scott Fraser. He had formulated many theories as to why Zo called it quits. A false profile was among them. He wasn't naive enough to think she told him the whole truth.

Yet, he hoped her identity wasn't completely unsalvageable. With the position Scott had and the money he grew up with, women were constantly loitering around. He never considered himself to have a type.

There was never a women he wanted to give the time of day. They were boring and predictable. Bodies that simply agreed with him.

From the very beginning, Zo busted his balls. Meeting her the first time on the app saved his older sister, Ada, from getting a lecture. Ada had been particularly pushy about finding a girlfriend.

He had taken over the position of CEO from her for over a year but she constantly inserted her two cents. The dating profile was her way of coercing Scott into a hopefully long-term relationship.

She wanted him married. Scott was sure his sister didn't have a clue about how to find an appropriate girl. He internally laughed at his sister's blender. The username she came up with would not attract wife material. He also didn't think a dating app would help his credibility as a CEO. She was approaching it wrong.

Just because Ada had the picture-perfect marriage with her high school sweetheart and two kids, did not mean family life was necessary to be seen as honorable and respectable in the business community.

Nevertheless, Zo immediately reprimanded Scott for his inadequate leadership skills. It humored him. From there, their chats were on the daily.

He often wondered what Zobaby looked like. He saw her profile picture; a beautiful blue-eyed, blonde. If that was what Zo looked like, he was pleased. But if not, it didn't necessarily matter.

It was the way she kept role-playing with him that got him hot and bothered. The way she randomly called him boss that had him smirking. He wanted to hear her voice call out his name.

He looked at the ellipses that appeared and disappeared.

Zobaby: They kind of morph. They are blue the majority of the time but I've been told that with the right lighting, they appear dark.

Scott could understand that. His eyes were often labeled as hazel. But he didn't agree. Only on occasions would his eyes show the green hue.

His mother use to claim that his eyes demonstrated his true mood. Only when he was intrigued or happy would his eyes show the green hue. The world couldn't be so small that Zo had the same phenomenon.

If that were the case, then she was often happy unlike Scott. But he was convinced this was not the case. Zo had a slip-up. Suddenly, he wanted to talk to Zo for more reasons than her companionship.

Scott wanted to unravel the mystery that was her. He was determined to find out who she was. He would make her his. There was never anything he couldn't have. She wouldn't be the first.

Her first mistake was the first clue. His Zo had brown eyes.