Chapter 1

Heatwave and Quickshadow are a married couple and they are very happy. They were expecting their first baby. They had been trying for sometime to have a baby. They had been trying for almost a year to get pregnant. Now they were pregnant they were so happy about this too. They were living in Houston Texas. Life was going well for them now that they were pregnant.

Heatwave he is a firefighter. He is very brave and strong. He is very good at his job and has helped save many lives. He has helped a lot of people during his line of work. He has the respect of his fellow firefighters. He is a very loving and loyal husband. He loves his wife Quickshadow very much. Heatwave is looking forward to the birth of his and Quickshadow's child. They were so happy about this. He was wondering if he was going to have a son or a daughter. He was going to teach them all about fire safety and how to call 911 in an emergency.

Quickshadow mainly does things around the house. She is a very good and loving woman from the UK. She loves her husband Heatwave with all of here heart. She is also looking forward to the birth of her baby. She was wondering if she was going to have a boy or a girl. She was hoping her child was going to be a very healthy child too.

The two of them were looking forward to doing many things with their baby. They knew it was going to take some time before certain things could be done. But they knew that with time they would do all kinds of fun things with their child. They were looking forward to seeing their child grow up. But they knew it was going to be sometime before their child was born still. So they had plenty of time get ready and such.

Today was a doctor's visit. Heatwave was with Quickshadow who was going to have an ultrasound. Quickshadow was hoping it was going to go well. She was hoping to have a healthy baby right now. Because for last couple of ultrasounds it was so far so good. The tech rubbed the probe all around Quickshadow's belly. There was the heart beat and a picture appeared on the screen. The baby was very small still and very cute looking. It was starting to look more and more like a baby now. Heatwave and Quickshadow were happy to see that.

The tech was looking closely at the picture. "Hmm, I better get the doctor I will be right back," the tech said and left.

"I wonder what is going on?" Quickshadow asked.

"Whatever it is I am worried it might not be good," Heatwave said.

Then Quickshadow's doctor came into the room. "Okay now let's take a look now shall we," the doctor said. He started the ultrasound on Quickshadow again. He looked at the baby and heard the baby's heart. He looked very closely at the baby's heart. Then he went to make a phone call to Texas Children's hospital and they said they would see Quickshadow right away to take a look at her baby's heart. "Heatwave, and Quickshadow I think you need to go see a fetal cardiologist, because I think there is something going on with the baby's heart," he said. "So I want a specialist to look at it be sure what is wrong with your baby," he said. "I need to you to go to Texas Children's Hospital they have many fetal cardiologists there and they are the best in the country." he said. "Go now they said they could see you today," he said.

Heatwave and Quickshadow headed to Texas Children's hospital. Then Quickshadow's phone rang. "Hello?" Quickshadow said over the phone.

"Quickshadow I thought you said your appointment ended at noon?" her mother said.

"Oh hi mom," Quickshadow said. "Sorry about not called at noon we are being sent to see a specialist at Texas Children's hospital today, because the doctor saw something that might be wrong with the baby's heart and they want to be sure if something is wrong," she said.

"Oh dear," her mother said. "Well far as I know as a nurse many kids with heart problems can live normal full lives with very few restrictions or no restrictions at all and heart defects including complex ones are treatable," she said.