Chapter 72

Oishi tossed and turned, shifting restlessly in her bed. 

She had slept alone ever since she had turned ten. Constant conversations of ghosts, ridiculous nightmares, terrible sightings and living in a haunted house; nothing had bothered her much. She had been afraid at times but never felt uneasy. 

The shift in places wasn't a concern either. Compared to the bedrooms she had previously occupied, even the guest rooms in Ina's tower were considered enormous. And she was given the master bedroom. 

So in a way, she should have been more than satisfied, yet she wasn't comfortable enough; which was odd. She was all alone, just how she liked, but still she felt agitated. 

Oishi threw the quilt away and sat up. "Not happening!" she complained then turned to lay on her stomach but the posture didn't work causing her more trouble. "Fuck it!" She cursed and jumped down from the bed. 

She tip-toed out of the room, very cautiously slipped past her brother's room and ran towards the tower's main gate. Pulling the huge door open she was about to step out when a sharp grip held her back.

"I swear I wasn't up to any pranks!" She rattled out before turning her head. "Oh! It's you, I thought my brother might have caught me."

Shomak greeted her with a smile and asked, "It is past midnight. May I know where you are escaping to?"

She sheepishly grinned saying, "I can't sleep!"

"So?" Shomak crossed his hands over his chest and curiously stared at her.

Oishi rolled her eyes and huffed. "Well, this might sound a bit weird but whenever I feel restless Ela di somehow magically puts me to sleep."

Pressing the middle of his forehead Shomak tried to remind himself that the youngest Malakar sister was impossible to handle. "You do realise that your Ela di is not sleeping in the next room and even if you take the shorter route it's a half-an-hour walk to Jayu's tower?"

"I know," she sighed, "I'll manage. Don't worry." She stepped out throwing a side glance at Shomak.

"Oishi!" He went after her and had to rush to match her steps, "I can't let you go there alone in the middle of the night!"

"How sweet! But you can't step into Jayu's tower." She whispered reminding him in a mocking tone.

"I know and that's why I suggest you mind connect with your Ela di."

"Urgh!" Oishi rolled her eyes again. "What did you think? I didn't try? She is sleeping, I can't reach her!"

"Okay, then - "

"There's no then! I am going and it's final."

Before Shomak could stop her Oishi stomped her feet and started walking straight towards the path that led to Jayu's tower.

Shomak let out a defeated sigh and followed her. He tried to convince her to go back and speak with Aditya but Oishi didn't listen to a word. 

Instead of wasting his energy to keep nudging the hot-headed teen Shomak decided to escort her safely to her sister. Not that she needed protection rather around her Shomak might have needed one. 

Shomak knew he wasn't allowed to cross the threshold and neither the guards would allow him. Upon their arrival, the two women and three men who stood guarding the main gate,  showered their utmost respect towards Oishi while glaring at him. 

"She is safe here, you Onkh, leave," one of the guards spat without any attempt to hide her extreme hatred.  

Shomak, on the other hand, tolerated the scornful gazes until Oishi went inside. "I will once she - "