Chapter 3 - Cruel Summer

It was a sunny afternoon as Vincent walked around town, aimlessly switching directions every few minutes. The sun was shining down, as it has been for a while now, thanks to summer! Though he was still wearing a thick long jacket, people will be people. He had been given some spending money, as a gift, but he didn't really know what to do with that. Vincent wasn't used to having cash, nor cash to spend, so had been wandering around town in an attempt to figure out what to do with it.

Eventually he got a little tired, and hot, so he decided to visit their local mall. Corazón West was an excellent place for shopping, food, gifts, and all sorts of knickknacks! Or at least that's what he was told, he's barely been in this place. But he might as well see what it has to offer, it's not like he had anything important to do that day, anyway. There were various outlets lined throughout the mall's walls, all bursting with strong yet distinctively fake smells. The theater pretzels always smell good, though! Not worth the sodium, however.

He slid into a small clothing outlet a few minutes after walking, looking around at the uncomfortably white decor, and… well, everything, aside the clothing itself. “Ugh, makes my eyes hurt,” Vincent grumbled to himself, turning one of the corners. He paused for a moment upon seeing one of his friends, or more so, an acquaintance. She noticed him at the same time, setting down the bleak looking sweater she was looking at. “Fancy seeing you here, Vincent, did you come to see the EXTRAORDINARY selection of beige fabric?” She chuckled, not a fan of the style either. “No, I just thought I'd look around,” He said, his answers as short as ever.

“Don't believe you'll find anything here! Unless you want clothes that'll make you look ready for a baptism, or a cult,” She joked, walking a little closer. She kept skimming through the racks of clothing, but it was clear she wasn't going to actually buy anything. Understandably. “Your mom having you run errands again?” Vincent shook his head, pulling out his wallet. “No, she told me to go have a 'day to myself' and gave me some money. So I came here.” She seemed a little surprised hearing that, happy to hear, too. “Well, that's great! You work too much, y'know, it's nice to treat yourself!” Vincent huffed at that, crossing his arms. “I do not,” He bluntly responded.

She rolled her eyes at that, grinning. “Whatever you say, big guy! But you should try some other place, I know I am.” She sighed, walking out with Vincent. “There's a place in the further part of the mall that sells candles and stuff like incense, you still like that stuff, right?” He nodded in response. “Cool! Don't forget to check any other outlets on your way, you never know what you'll find!” He nodded once more, grumbling a little. “Alright, I'll see ya later, Maggie.” He said, the two walking in opposite directions. “See ya later!” She replied, disappearing into the crowd quite quickly. Vincent went ahead and made a B line for the place that Maggie had recommended, though he was quickly stopped by his worst enemy… People he found annoying.

'It was those two idiots from gym class', Vincent thought to himself, slinking into some random store as to not get spotted. Last time, they spent like 10 minutes trying to get him to sign up for their stupid wrestling team. He found himself in a small convenience store that connected to the outside; 'at least it was an easy escape', he thought. Vincent kinda just stood around for a few minutes until he started to feel awkward, so he walked over towards the back part of the store, spotting one of those slushie machines.

It was one of the fancy ones, the type that had like 50 different flavors! Same type that makes you wonder, 'who needs a bacon flavored slushie?' Vincent found himself wondering that, as he got himself one. He chose blue raspberry, a classic! That and he wasn't insane enough to pick a hamburger flavored slushie. He stepped outside the place after paying, a bit relieved upon seeing those two idiots had moved.

Vincent wasn't the patient type, nor was he a pacifist of any kind, so them leaving was the best outcome. He sipped on the artificially flavored ice drink, looking around at the lively mall and it's patrons. Wait, did he just see that one weirdo? No? Must've been his mind, then. “Ugh, I hate that guy…” He said under his breath, grumbling upon acknowledging the thought. “Why the fuck is he always waving at me?? With that fake ass smile, too.” Vincent is not the biggest fan of Lauren, in all honestly, he doesn't even know his name. And preferably, he'd like to keep it that way, he's avoided Lauren all this time, after all.