Chapter 8 - I Kissed A Girl

I kissed a girl blared throughout one very gay teenager's room as she flicked on two lava lamps, stretching and flopping on her bed as she waited for something. “She'll be here soon, think,” Ripley said to herself, looking around her uniquely decorated room. It had a 60s psychedelic vibe, with various lava lamps and dreamcatchers strewn throughout the small space. There were a few vinyl records displayed on the walls, those were Ripley's favorite to collect! Who knew thin plastic discs could be so pretty.

Ripley paused the music, swinging her door open and hastily walking downstairs. “Hi dad!!” She greeted, her father sat down on their couch, reading a book regarding how to teach a shark welsh. She was practically the spitting image of him, really, it wasn't hard to tell that she was his daughter. He had the same dark, brown skin as her, even keeping the Vitiligo! Though, not in the same places. And he even had a fun hair color, like her, brightly colored pink. “Hey, the child I spawned,” He responded jokingly, looking up from his book.

“Have you heard any knocks at the door yet?? It's still raining pretty hard, so, I want to make sure!” She said, glancing over to peek through the windows. “Hm, no, I don't believe so.” He said, standing up. “They'll get here eventually,” She groaned at that, crossing her arms. “Yeah, fine, I guess you're right.” Ripley sighed, sitting down on the couch before almost instantly popping back up. She heard a knock on the door, of course. “Hm, told ya,” He chuckled, walking into the kitchen as Ripley stumbled over to the door. She paused for a minute before happily swinging the door open.

Standing there, was Jessica! Holding an umbrella over her head as the rain came down, she didn't want to be wet. Ripley stepped aside, quickly letting her inside before slamming the door. “You can just set that down on the rack,” Ripley said, as Jessica nodded and looked around the house. “Wow, your house… looks exactly how I imagined it! That's almost a little scary, actually,” She chuckled a little.

“Yep, we dress how we live! It's not that hard to do, really, we both like sticking to a theme.” Ripley said, a bit excited. She doesn't usually have other people over, besides Lauren sometimes, so this is new for her. “I like it, 60s colors were always super fun, though that's also probably the one good thing about that era.” Jessica awkwardly chuckled, as Ripley's father stepped back into the room with a cup of coffee. “So, you're telling me you DIDN'T like a year with brutal riots, protests, assassination, and warfare?” He clicked his tongue. “Ripley, I don't think your friends going to fit in around here,” He said, most obviously joking.

Jessica smiled. “I'm guessing your Ripley's father, uh, I'm Jessica!! Jessica Lampton,” She said, extending her hand out to shake his hand. “How'd you tell? Ahem. It's nice to meet you, too, Jessica. I'm Scott.” He said. “I actually know your family, a little! I went to school with your dad, I believe.” He said, giving Jessica a firm handshake before letting go.

“Oh, really?? That's surprising! He only went to high school for a year, or so, before dropping out!” She said, getting a nod in response. “Yes, he… didn't do well in a school environment! But, I heard he did well afterward,” Jessica didn't actually say anything regarding that, simply smiling awkwardly and nodding. “Well, I don't want to keep you kids any longer with my boring old man memories! So go on, I'll be here if you need me, but if a werewolf comes and attacks, you guys are on your own!”

Ripley and Jessica anxiously laughed at that, despite knowing it was a joke, it's still a little weird knowing that that is an actual possibility now. “Right… uhm, here! I wanna show you my room!” Ripley said, grabbing a hold of Jessica's hand and dragging her upstairs. She happily swung the door open, surprising Jessica with the sheer amount of neon lights. “Oh, wow, that is a lot of lava lamps.” She pointed out, as overstimulating as it was, it was also very pretty. Ripley smiled, nodding. “Yeah! I like collecting them, I collect a lot of things, actually.”