Chapter 9 - DILF

Waves clashed together as the sun beamed down, warming up the coarse white sand that bordered the shoreline. It was a lovely day for swimming, lounging, eating fruit, and drinking copious amounts of seawater! Jessica's family arrived first, of course, laying down a few towels. “Everybody else should arrive soon, but I always like getting a head start,” She said, pushing her sunglasses up onto the top of her head. “It's been far too long since this beach has been swimmable! Can't believe last winter was cold enough to freeze everything over,” Her father groaned, sitting down on a small blue towel.

“Agreed, last winter was stupid cold!! Couldn't even put together a snowman, the snow was practically just a layer of ice on the ground,” Her other father cleared his throat, setting up an umbrella. “I'd rather not talk about being cold, it's finally warm! Enjoy it while it lasts, i betcha next winter will be even colder,” He said, having quite a gruff voice. “Yeah, you're right! Don't jinx it, though! I'd rather not reach below zero again,”

Jessica stretched out a little, pulling her phone out of her pocket. She spent over 10 hours actually finding a bathing suit that had a skirt, she was definitely going to take advantage of one that had pockets too. “Your not gonna be on that thing all day, are ya?” Her father asked, having less of a boomer reason than you'd assume. “No, don't worry, I was just making sure nobody texted me or anything!” She explained, putting it back in her skirt pocket. “I have everything else on mute,” Her other father smiled, happy to hear that.

“Good! You keep saying your whole… thing, is like a job, we'd prefer if you treated it as such on vacation days too!” Jessica rolled her eyes, though she understood and appreciated the concern. “I know, I know, work-life balance! I will say, though, posting pictures online is a lot less stressful than my job at the bakery,” She chatted with her father's for a few minutes before Heron arrived, diverting her attention to him and his parents. “Oh, cool! My best friend's here, I'll be right back!” She scurried over to the family of vampires, taking note of the fact that they weren't burning alive right before her eyes.

“Hey, Jess,” Heron waved, chuckling at the small hug she gave him. “Hey!! I'm actually kinda surprised you guys came first, I thought that'd be Lauren,” He shook his head, his mother smiling. “We have certain things about us that makes things go far faster,” She said. Jessica knew what she meant, though that prompted a question from her. She leaned over to Heron, whispering. “Is burning in the sun also a myth, or?” She asked. Everything else she had assumed was mostly false, from what Heron had told her, so she assumed that was a myth too.

“Yeah that's bull, but our also skins real pale so we do still need a whole lotta sunscreen, like any other pale person,” Bittern interjected, Egret cutting in too. “That or big hats, those are more pretty, too,” Jessica thought about asking what type of sunscreen worked best, but she'd decided to save that for another day. “Right, my dads are set up over there!” She said, pointing to a small spot near the shoreline. “So, if you wanna find a spot away or next to them, go right ahead!” The mother smiled at that. “We'll most likely find a more secluded spot, but we'll certainly stop in to say hi, too!” She said. “Sometimes even the threat of being staked in the heart isn't enough to stop certain people from being blatant.” She groaned, not even trying to hide the fact that it was aimed directly at Bittern.

In fact, he almost seemed proud. Must be rough dealing with such a knucklehead all the time. Heron stayed with Jessica as his family went off to find their spot, wanting to catch up with her a little. “So, it's been a while,” He said, popping open a can of soda he had grabbed from a vending machine in the parking lot. “It has! What have you been up to?” Jessica responded, walking down the beach alongside him. “Nothing much! The usual, really! Getting high, lazing about, watching crappy TV shows!” That was the norm for him, really, Jessica wasn't too surprised.