Chapter 5 - Edward

The sleepover the other night went off without a hitch, everybody had a surprisingly good time despite what was revealed! And they even convinced Lauren to watch a horror movie! How delightful, dare I even say, lovely. But all good things must come to an end eventually, as a wise person once said. And as another wise person said, don't fall asleep when a vampire is nearby. Lauren yawned, stretching his arms up before noticing he had found himself in an unfamiliar place. “Hm?” He looked around, the decor reminiscent of an old gothic manor. Or a Victorian era mansion, Lauren couldn't remember. He was laying down on a large plush bed, where he noticed Jessica and Ripley were also sleeping. “… Hey, hey! Wake up!” Lauren sat up, shaking Jessica awake enough to where she realized… she had no fucking clue where she was.

“Lauren?? Where are we? Hey, blue head, get up,” Jessica shook Ripley awake before hopping off the large bed, the cold marble floor sending a chill up her spine. “This definitely isn't my dads house,” She murmured, looking up at the chandelier in the center of the room. “You're telling me your house doesn't morph into a giant emo mansion upon nightfall?” Ripley joked, flopping off the bed with a thud. “That's lame.” Jessica grinned. “If it DID, then I would've been famous a lot sooner,” Lauren creaked the large double doors of the bedroom open, peering out into a large hallway adorned with numerous strange paintings. “This place is creepy!! And where's Vincent?? And Heron?” He asked, only getting a shrug from the others.

“They fell asleep the same time as us, right? Maybe they got thrown in another room?” Ripley suggested. The three walked out into the halls, Jessica and Lauren regretted the fact that they weren't wearing socks. Marble floors are quite chilly, and they didn't have Ripley's foresight. Nor her fuzzy pink socks. “Right, we should find an exit, they have those, yeah?” Ripley said, looking at one of the paintings. “This is an old one, you can tell by the degradation of the paint.” She pointed out. “Oh? Really? That's cool! How'd you know that??” Jessica happily asked, looking up at the painting too. “I don't know for sure, to be honest. I just said that cause it looks similar to an old painting I saw.” She said, at least being truthful. Jessica's face drooped, sighing. “Let's just find an exit,”

The three continued on, reaching yet another corridor, though this one had statues instead of paintings. “Hm, this'll be hard!! All these damn hallways look the same!” Ripley said, kicking one of the stone statue's legs. “We gotta find someway out, i gotta call my parents!! I haven't even been out this late before, and they're probably worried sick!!!” Ripley giggled, turning to face Lauren. “Okay, well, that doesn't matter as much! Be rebellious! Remember what we talked about? Be a damn teenager!” Lauren frowned, giving a half-hearted nod. “We SHOULD still find that door, though, I mean for all we know a serial killer could've kidnapped us,” Jessica said, raising a good point. “Don't you think Vincent or Heron would've stopped them before they did anything?” Ripley asked, also raising a good point.

“That's true, actually, a vampire and a werewolf on their own are dangerous enough… two at the same time would be a death sentence!” Jessica said, putting a hand to her chin. “Maybe it was another werewolf? They could've been spying on us!” Lauren walked ahead while Ripley and Jessica discussed the possibility of what happened to the others, noticing an off looking statue after a moment. “… Weird!” The statue's eyes were moving around erratically, which wasn't your typical statue movement! In fact, Lauren was so distracted by the statue's eyes, he didn't see the person hiding between its legs.

Ripley and Jessica's heads snapped toward a loud screech, one that came directly from Lauren! You could tell by the pitch, and how loud it was. A larger guy had leapt out at Lauren, grabbing a hold of him and pinning him down on the ground. “Hey!! Let him go!” Jessica demanded, running over to their location with Ridley close behind. Though, they stopped when the man hissed at them, baring his fangs and revealing himself as a vampire. The pale white skin was also a pretty good giveaway, but he also could've just been a basement gamer, and they don't like to judge. “Come any closer, and I'll sink my fangs into your little friend here!” He cackled, Lauren helplessly failing in his grip. Vampire or not, though, he most likely would have needed help.