Chapter 6 - ISCASATTBAIKITMMRWYAMBDTAIDEKITASONA

Lauren had walked home that night after realizing his love for Vincent, though the others didn't seem to have as positive of an outlook as Lauren did. He didn't know if it was wrong, if it was right, all he knew was that Vincent made him feel nice, and he wanted to touch his hands. Lauren tossed and turned in his bed that night, unsure of how he was even gonna find Vincent. Werewolves like the woods, don't they? Maybe he'll look there. He woke up in the early morning, the sun was still in the process of rising. Lauren groaned, rubbing his eyes before sitting up; he sat on the edge of his bed, contemplating things a little.

“I don't even know if I should be thinking these thoughts…” He muttered to himself, scratching his chin. He slid off his bed, rummaging through his wardrobe, as it was routine for him. Lauren picked out his usual outfit, a pair of shorts with a red shirt, and some boots. He grabbed his favorite oversized brown jacket, too, throwing that on as he stumbled downstairs. Of course, his parents were already up and about, his mother making breakfast as his father did normal adult things, like taxes! How fun. “Good morning,” He muttered, a little less enthusiastic than normal.

His mother noticed his odd behavior, who wouldn't? Walking over to the table with plates in hand. “Is anything wrong, honey?” She asked, setting down the plates. Lauren looked down at the table, before glancing over at the window. “I, uhm, i…” He murmured, stammering for a few seconds. He fiddled with his fingers, trying to decide if he should say anything or just eat. “I broke up with Jessica, so, I'm just… really confused right now,” Lauren said, not really liking the fact he was lying either. Though in a way it wasn't entirely wrong? They were never together in the first place, so.

“Aw, I'm so sorry, hon! Sometimes God just has other plans for us,” She sighed, folding up her apron, laying it in her lap. “What happened?” His father curiously said, looking up from the stack of papers he had been jotting down with ink. “What happened??” Lauren repeated, gulping a little. He awkwardly coughed before looking up at his parents. “Oh, you know, it just wasn't working out… besides she wasn't Christian so, uhm, I didn't think it'd be right,” He said, adding a little tidbit at the end so he wouldn't be questioned for his shoddy explanation. “Well, like I said before, God always has a plan for us! Maybe if you need a little guidance, you can pray to him,”

Lauren smiled weakly before looking back down at his food. He wished he could go to his parents instead of a man that he won't see until he dies, but he also knows going to them with his current struggles would be a horrible idea. Parents or not, Lauren still asked for guidance as they prayed before eating. He figured that nothing BAD could come from it, right? And if anybody was listening, he'd hopefully get a sign.

Lauren picked at his food the majority of breakfast, not entirely in the mood for food. His father had suggested going out to the local park and taking a stroll, so Lauren did just that. He made it to the park not long after leaving, the grass wet under his footing from the morning dew. The air was a little damp, possibly soggy, but it was still palpable. “Maybe I should've come at a different time…” He muttered to himself, not feeling in a very strolling mood at the moment. In fact, he didn't feel like doing much besides wallowing in his feelings, though that wasn't a terrible alternative. Lauren turned around to leave, catching a glimpse of someone walking into the forest as he did. “… Vincent?” He whispered under his breath, looking around the empty park for a few seconds before running after his… uh, crush.

Vincent was a fast walker, however, Lauren could barely keep up with him. Leading to Lauren losing track of him, quite swiftly, too. “Vincent!?” Lauren called out, he just wanted to talk to him, really! Whether that was regarding his feelings or just anything was up for debate, but Lauren wasn't about to ignore a sign from the lord! A hot one, too. “Vincent??” Lauren called out again, walking through the marshy woodlands he ran himself into. The ground was wet, muddy, kinda squishy too; and the trees above occasionally slid down water droplets, as the sun peered through the overhead of leaves. “Where did he go?? Werewolves must be quick!” Lauren exclaimed, squeaking a little as he heard something quickly come up behind him. His exclamation was proven correct right then and there, as there was a large black werewolf peering down at him, growling too much for comfort.