Chapter 4 - Where the Woof?

Lauren was sitting on a plush rug floor, as he sat in a circle with his friends… friend? Friend. Maybe. They were silent for quite a while, mostly just trying to figure out how to properly explain everything to Lauren. Even more so, as they don't want him to freak out. Vincent just wanted to get it over with, especially after realizing how much Heron was talking, to him. “So how exactly are we gonna do this? It's been like thirty minutes, and I'm getting bored.” Heron spoke up, lazily scratching his belly. “Ugh, we gotta be careful with what we say, Heron! Considering how, uh, confused…? He can be!” Vincent rolled his eyes. “Just say he's weak-minded, and stupid.” He growled out, much to Jessica's annoyance. “Yes, well, unlike you! I act like I push wheelchair bound grandma's down the stairs,”

Vincent scoffed at that, mostly regretting the fact he even came. “… But fine, whatever! You wanna get this over with? You start with this… mini intervention,” Jessica huffed, crossing her arms as she waited expectantly. Heron preemptively snickered a little, lounging back against the foot of a couch. Vincent grimaced, but sighed and nodded nonetheless. Lauren just stared wide-eyed, looking up at the other three as he waited for what they had to say. Especially Vincent! He cared about what Vincent had to say for some reason. “You're a weird, little dork. And your parents practically brainwashed you into being a sanctimonious idiot who'd probably have a heart attack if you even saw a SECOND of that Lucifer TV show. You are a weak-minded, pathetic little dumbass who listened to mommy and daddy for far longer than he should have, and now you're an easily frightened, limp dick, moron! Who's gonna go nowhere in life because he can't handle the fact he likes cock!”

Lauren was a little stunned by that thorough take down of his entire personality, and while he was stunned; Jessica was pissed. “WHAT THE FUCK, VINCENT!?” She shouted, sitting up. “What part of 'HE'S FRAGILE' did your mind ignore!?” She continued, agitating Vincent even more. “Treating him like a baby is exactly WHY he's like this, I decided to give him a brutal wake-up call.” Heron stood up, too. Chuckling. “I guess we're standing up, now. So sad. Anyway, technically the biggest problem is the extremist bullshit his parents have been feeding him, though I guess you WOULD have a problem with him being sheltered, huh? Vinnie?” Heron sneered, seemingly ever so slightly annoyed for once.

“Don't you start with me,” Vincent growled, the two boys getting in each other's faces before Jessica rolled her eyes and pushed them both back. “Why did you even bother bringing him here if you were just gonna cause issues?” She groaned, rubbing her forehead before turning her head to Vincent. “… I didn't want him to have another breakdown getting here, so,” He replied gruffly, crossing his arms. Jessica looked down at the bewildered Lauren, actually a little surprised he wasn't too sad! Maybe he was still too stunned, though. “Ugh, let's just take a few minutes and reset, mkay? Why don't you boys go get everyone a bowl of ice cream? I bought some for tonight.” Vincent begrudgingly walked off to the kitchen, Heron following close behind.

“Too bad you're such a grumpy guy all the time, I think we'd be great friends otherwise!” Heron said, swinging the freezer door open. He rummaged through it for a second, grabbing two tubs of ice cream and setting them down on the counter. “You know why we aren't.” Vincent responded coldly, pulling a stack of bowls out from one of the cupboards. “Oh come on! I'm not THAT much of a stoner, besides, it's what makes me fun!” He said, looking through a few different cupboards for spoons. “Seriously, I'm boring as hell when I'm not on anything. That's why they call me Heroin!!” Vincent sighed, grabbing a few spoons from a tucked away cupboard. He handed them to Heron, shoving his hands in his pockets afterward. “Yeah, well, it messes with my senses, so.”

Heron started scooping the ice cream out, rolling his eyes at that comment. “Dude, for someone like YOU,” He said, pointing one of the spoons at Vincent. “Ya should've gotten used to strong smells, like, since you were six.” Heron decided he didn't have the energy to continue this conversation, as did Vincent. So they kept quiet until they came back out to the living room, with the ice cream, of course. “Hey, thanks, i half expected you two to start fighting in there and destroy my dad's kitchen. But you didn't, so good job!” She said, smiling. “How's the brain cleansing going?” Heron chuckled, setting the bowls down.