Old faces

Jabali instantly gets up with the baby and does as told.

???: how do you know me kid?

Jabali: y-your voice sounds familiar and your jacket it's the same as my old teacher!

???: ...hm. What's your name kid?

Jabali: m-my name? It's Jabali.

???: JABALI?! *hugs him tightly*

Jabali is confused about how he's alive.

???: You remember me?! It's mr. Ignowli!

Jabali instantly is relieved.

Mr.ignowli: you look so different since the last time I saw you! Come on to the back. I have some food. Oh a-and is this your baby?

Jabali: ah, nah. It's my classmates. Ambilia.

Mr. Ignowli: mmh, yes. Ambilia! How is she? Has she grown also??

Jabali: *eyes filled with tears* s-she died...

Mr. Ignowli: ohhh, man I'm so sorry to hear that. What about cai, and uh, Touri, one last one..Yuri?

Jabali: cai..died. Touri, i don't know where she is. And Yuri..died as well with ambilia.

Mr Ignowli: I'm so so sorry Jabali. I'll help you take care of little one here.

Jabali: thank you. It's a girl.

Mr Ignowli: ok ok. Give me her and I'll feed her while you change into something else..you stink.

Jabali: ha, okay.

Jabali goes into the back room of the store and freshens up with water in a bucket and soap.

Jabali: okay. I'm done.

Mr.ignowli: whew man. It's getting dark. I have an extra pallet on the floor. I-I-it was for my wife..she never came back.

Jabali: oh I'm sorry.

Mr. Ignowli: it's okay lad. Its fine.

Mr.ignowli and Jabali both went to sleep and so did the baby.

* THE NEXT MORNING*

The baby crying out loud waking Jabali and Mr Ignowli up out of their sleep.

Mr.ignowli: *grabs the baby* shhh shhh, be quiet.

Jabali: m-maybe she's hungry?

Mr.ignowli: ok, *goes to the front room and grabs the bottle of formula and feeds her*

Jabali: I'm so glad that you have a generator and this mini fridge. Without it...well..this wouldn't have been this easy.

Mr.ignowli: it wasn't easy getting it either..hey, we have to go out scavenging for food. Since it's three mouths to feed. Write this down on that notepad! Formula, water, canned foods. Got it?

Jabali: got it! Sooo...who's going to watch the baby? Or is she coming with us?

Mr.ignwoli: we will have to take turns. So since I made the call to scavenge I'll go.

Jabali: you're sure? I can go.

Mr.ignowli: no sir, I have it. I'll go and you keep an eye out. Until I get back. Make sure the doors are locked and windows are covered until I make my return. Sometimes my scavenges take days  at a time.

Jabali: days at a time?

Mr.ignowli: yes. So if I don't come back tonight, then look out for tomorrow, or the next day..if I don't come back by the third day I'm out..then leave. Don't come find me. Take whatever you need and see and leave.

Jabali: why? Why wouldn't you come back?

Mr.ignowli: well, a group..of people .i only know one girl..her name is kameria..that's why . They've been after me since my wife been gone. Well. I'll see you, when I do.

Jabali: okay. See ya...also be safe.

Mr.ignowli: of course.

Mr.ignowli goes off to scavenge some food items. While Jabali attends to the baby and covers the windows, lock the doors and make sure nobody is around.

*Later on that night*

"Ignowli" someone says loudly. "We know you're in there.." Jabali instantly gets up and start packing the bags of stuff he needs for the baby and himself. Someone starts beating on the door. Jabali grabs the baby and wraps her in a blanket and puts her on his back tying the blanket around him tightly. He leaves a note in the back room for Mr.ignowli so he can find him if he ever returns. Jabali goes out the window leaving the store behind to fend for its self...all of a sudden he gets hit on the back of the head knocking him out. Cold..

???: so you think you can get away from me? Hm.