Conversation

Shino's pov

I watched as Shikai slowly fell to her knees, and then to the ground. A feeling of sadness overwhelmed my body and I couldn't help myself but leap off the balcony and walking over to Shikai. I knew I had to keep my cool, and not blow my cover of not having emotion, but seeing the girl I was pretty sure I loved passed out on the ground, made me frankly not care.

I arrived at Shikai's broken looking figure as the medical nin's did. I glanced at Shikamaru, who had a worried look on his face as he glanced at his sister, but he didn't say anything. He simply walked back up to his team, and was congratulated for winning the round. I shook my head as I followed after the medical nin's to the hospital room they were taking the Nara girl.

They made me sit outside the room as they worked on her, hooking her up to a few IV's, and transferring some of their chakra to her body, since her chakra was almost completely depleted. Once they were finished with working on her, they allowed me in the room. I rushed over to her, and sat down in the chair beside of hospital bed, taking her hand in mine.

I stared at the Nara girl from behind my dark sunglasses, taking in her gentle features. Her hair was pulled back right now, resembling Shikamaru's a lot, her gorgeous skin was littered with a few scraps, her eyes that I could stare into forever were closed, and her breathing was light and steady. I mentally cursed myself for not being there to help her, even though I knew I couldn't have.

I felt bad for the fact that I won my round, and Shikai didn't. She worked harder than anyone I had ever met, and all she wanted to was making her father proud. I was sure that her father would scream at her later for losing the round, but it was either her or Shikamaru, so either way one of his children would have lost. But it just had to be Shikai, didn't it? Why couldn't for once, could it have been Shikamaru so she would have gotten the attention from her father that she deserved more than anything.

I don't know how long I was sitting with Shikai before I heard the door open. I glanced at the door and I saw her mother and her father. They both rushed over to their daughter, standing on the opposite side of the bed than what I was sitting. Her mother looked down at Shikai, and slowly brushed a piece of hair that had fallen from her ponytail behind her ear.

"Who are you?" Her father asked after a few minute, glancing down at my hand that was laced with Shikai's.

"I am Shino Aburame. I am your daughters teammate and someone who cares deeply for her. How do I know that I care deeply for her? Because seeing her laying here in this bed like this is killing me." I stated, and her father nodded slightly.

"What exactly happened to my baby?" Her mother asked, and I glanced at Shikai.

"She was fighting Shikamaru and she used too much Chakra, and passed out from it."

"Of course she did." Her father mumbled rolling his eyes. I felt anger build up inside of me as I look straight at him through my glasses, a glare over taking my features.

"How about you be proud of your daughter for once? She tries her hardest every day for you, and all you do is push her down and make her feel awful about herself. She trains harder than any shinobi I have ever met, because she wants you to tell her that you are proud of her. That's all she has ever wanted, and all you do is push her down." I said, the anger lacing in my voice as her father stared at me with wide eyes.

"I..." He trailed off for a second. "I didn't know that I hurt her that much."

"Because you don't pay attention to her when she cries, when she begs for your attention. No, all you care about is that she doesn't live up to Shikamaru, when in reality, she is better that Shikamaru on so many levels. I know for a fact that if she would have went up against anybody else, she would have won her battle. How do I know that? Because I watch her train so hard to the point of passing out from exhaustion. I've seen her push herself to the point that she becomes a bloody mess from how hard she beats herself up, always saying if she was good enough maybe, just maybe, her father would proud of her and stop comparing her to her brother." I said, my shoulders shaking slightly. I never talked this much, but right now, I was boiling with anger.