♚12♚

"Apologize," Wonyoung as well as I were surprised at the prince's words.

She looked at me and I looked at her in surprise. Although she kept a sobbing expression on her face, I could clearly see the fire in her eyes. I know she wants to chew me up right now.

She was silent for a while & so, he said, "Apologize to Y/N."

There was a tension between us all. We were all waiting to see what would happen next. With the peppery girl Wonyoung is and the way she hates me, it's impossible for her to apologize to me. Meanwhile, she is forced to apologize in front of Prince Jungkook. Restlessness!

She bit his lip in anger and said, "Forgive me, Y/N-"

"Your Highness," the prince corrected him & everyone around us gasped except me & Wonyoung.

There was anger and determination in the prince's eyes. And Wonyoung's eyes were full of agitation and hatred. She began to seethe with anger but without expressing it, she said, "Forgive me, Your Highness."

I don't know what to say and my heart is pounding. As prince Jungkook didn't get any response from me, he looked at me and eyed me to say something. I hesitated and said, "It's fine."

"Don't you dare ever act like that again," he warned and waved, telling her to leave.

Wonyoung bowed her head and left. I know she didn't say anything because the prince is in front. But if she finds me alone, she won't let me go.

I looked at the prince and he looked at me too. Our eyes locked for a moment. His were ocean deep with mysteries. They were hard and cold so that I could not find any emotion. It's so surprising that this eyes can make someone fall in love & also can make someone fear to death.

He averted his eyes and said, "Where is the Commander-in-Chief?"

"He is.... I saw him going toward the prison house," I said moving eyes away from him. If I look at him for so long, I will blush & he may misunderstand it.

"Okay," he said but then he noticed he was still holding my waist. I didn't notice it too.

He glanced at me once, then quickly removed his hand from my waist and coughed nervously. This cough did not remove the restless condition but made it more unsteady.

"I....I will be get going," he said & started to walk away but I didn't response.

I kept looking down & remembering what just happened. He really took my side and saved me. I felt very grateful to Prince Jungkook. Although he has a cold attitude, he is very kind and just.

"Y/N, it was awesome. Prince Jungkook is a real hero. Bruh....you are so lucky...." Sakura said excitedly but I was drowned in my thoughts & smiling like an idiot.

Even though he hurt me, his behavior is making me fall in love with him again and again.

● ● ●

I sat down with a needle and thread to sew a patterned handkerchief. It is my only companion in my spare time. I did not give any wedding gifts to the prince. Besides, the new year is coming. How about if I gift this to Prince Jungkook in the new year? He must be happy.

Thinking of this, I began to draw the design more eagerly. Just then the guard knocked on the door of my room. I said, "Come in."

The guard entered, bowed his head and said, "His Highness Prince Jungkook has summoned you to his chamber."

I was a little surprised and scared. I had no problem with him, but why did he call me suddenly? Is it about Wonyoung? Well... think positive. He may call me for any other reason.