♔16♔

[Y/N POV]

I opened my eyes and I felt like I woke up after a hundred years. My right leg felt paralyzed and my head was spinning a bit. I opened my eyes and saw that it was Prince Jeon's room and I was lying on his bed. I felt a little dizzy but then I remembered what happened.

I was bitten by a snake and I was winching in pain. Prince Jungkook then hugged me to his chest and tried to calm me down. He sucked poisonous blood out of my feet and tore off his shawl and tied it on my feet.

Thinking about these things, my heart beat increased. He was very worried about me. He cares about me. His eyes can never lie. And the worry in his eyes that time was clear.

I looked down at the ring on my hand and a small smile appeared on my lips. He gifted me a ring which he bought himself. These little things bring me so much joy.

When I was thinking these, the door opened revealing Prince Jungkook but he was not alone, father was with him. They both entered & approached me. I tried to sit up & said, "Father..."

He came to me with fast steps & said, "Don't try to sit up. You are still sick."

I smiled & said, "My leg hurts. But I am fine. I am so happy to see you."

"You should be careful. Eat well & sleep. I want to see you walking & playing again," he smiled.

"Like a kid," I said & raised an eyebrow.

"You are always a kid to me...." he said pinching my nose.

He got up & said goodbye & then left. After he left, I noticed Prince Jeon was standing a bit far away from us. He was looking a bit sad & tensed....also nervous.

I smiled & said, "Your Highness?"

He looked at me, coming forward & said, "How are you feeling now?"

"I am fine. Don't be worried please," I said, looking at him who is avoiding my eyes.

"I am sorry. Maybe it happened beacuse of me. I told you to move out & then-"

"Please don't blame yourself. What is destined to be happen will happen. If I was destined to die-"

He immediately put his hand on my lips & said, "Don't. Don't say these things."

His face was so close to mine that his breath was hitting my face. I gulped at this sudden sensation & he looked in my eyes.

Our eyes locked for some moments & we didn't utter a word. Both our breaths were mixing together and we inhaled the mixed breaths. His eyes were directly on my lips as if he was remembering something looking at it.

After a while, he moved away, coughing nervously & said, "Um...the one who did it must be punished."

"Uh...b-but who could do this? And why would they?" I stuttered at the sudden missing of his lips.

"There is...."

[Jungkook POV]

[Flashback]

"Your Highness, the gaurds along with Wonyoung & Gaeul are here," the guard & I nodded, permitting to let them in.

They stood in front of me lowering their head. The guards were calm but Wonyoung & Gaeul was tensed, I could realize it.

"You were at the gaurd of Golden Path, weren't you?" I asked in a calm tone.

"Yes, Your Highness."

"How did the snake enter in here?"

"We don't know. We didn't see anything."

Then I turned to Wonyoung & Gaeul asked, "You were seen near the Golden Path. Why were you there, Gaeul?"

"I-"

Wonyoung cut her sentence & said, "She was there to meet with Y/N."

"For what?"

"For....for inviting her to lunch," she hesitated.

"Then did you all had lunch together?"

"Yes, Your Highness. She ate with us, we gossiped & then she went to her chamber. We were so shocked to hear the incident," she seemed to came up with an idea suddenly but Gaeul was terrified.

I chuckled & said, "Do you think I walk with my face in the grass? Who are you thinking you are fooling? Tell me the truth."

Wonyoung still seemed to be cunning but Gaeul broke down & said, "Forgive me, your highness. I did it just because Wonyoung forced me. She told me to put the snake in the cloth trunk & deliver it to Her Highness Y/N."

She kept crying constantly but Wonyoung was surprised & angry with her confession.

[Present]

"Where are they now?" she said being a little tensed.

"They are kept in the prison. I will wait for you to recover & then you can decide any punishment for them."

"Any?"

"Yes," I said & got up from the bed.

"What if I want to forgive them?" she asked suddenly making me surprised.

"Are you serious?" I frowned.

"Yes, Your Highness. I don't want anybody to get punished for me," she said with her doe eyes.

"What is the benefit of being kind?" I asked being confused.

"I want to live in peace. Please forgive & release them, Your Highness," she said, requesting with both her words & eyes.

I chuckled & said, "You can forgive them but I won't. But I can reduce their punishment as you requested me."

"What are you gonna do?" she asked with a terrified look.

"Banish them from the palace."

I did not give her another chance to speak and left the room. I know she will still tell me to forgive them completely. But I will never do that. They tried to play with her life, is it fair to forgive them? They should be taught a good lesson.

Y/N is so kind and still wants to forgive them. In fact, she thinks everyone is as simple as she is. But is it possible to live happily in the world by being so simple or do I think so because of my stone heart?

Looking at her face, I can't help but to grant her every wish, I don't know why. What such a spell she has casted on me that my heart responds to her words before mine, which no other girl in my life has ever done?

The more I want to be wary of her, the more I feel like she's capturing my heart.

-------End of EP 16-------

01/05/2024Wednesday 09:17 PM

01/05/2024
Wednesday
09:17 PM